PDA

View Full Version : Are you knitting right now, while reading here?

Mama Bear
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm sitting here knitting while reading and started to wonder how many others are doing the same.

If so... what are you knitting on?

I'm knitting on the Tater's Cotton Cardi (http://www.thegarterbelt.com/ms_tater.html) after seeing the one maxmom posted (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25577) in the what'cha knittin forum.

Mama Bear

Stiney
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I'd be knitting if I was at home instead of stinky stupid work. :!!!: x-( :-x

lauraknits
02-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Ditto. Having an early lunch and readin' on the web!

I can't really knit and read, not good enough to do it without dropping stitches!

CarmenIbanez
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Yep. Hanging here is what I do when I can't knit.

Stonington
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Me too, work :!!!: it's OVER RATED. I knit vicariously through you :hug:
anne

KathyinCali
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
I keep this site minimized here at work and look every chance I get. I wish I could knit here at the office :teehee:

auburnchick
02-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Wish I was...

Am in my daughter's hospital room right now. She just came out of recovery and is grumpy as ever. Lots of pain, lots of drugs (for her, not me).

But, I do have my knitting with me. Might sneak in a little while she's sleeping.

Krystal
02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
me!

i'm knitting away on the couch, typing one handed right now, coz i don"t wanna get up... and i can reach the keys with one hand. (hence no capital letters)

i am desperately trying to finish up the final 3 inches of my tubey sweater. (link in sig.)

seems it's had 3 inches left for a month now! lol.

Knitting_Guy
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Yep, working on my scarf trying to finally get it finished so I can start on socks.

brownishcoat
02-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Nope. I'm at work, so I'm not knitting, and I'm not here, either.

This post is purely a figment of your imagination. These are not the droids you are looking for. Move along.

Jan in CA
02-07-2007, 05:11 PM
It's not comfortable enough in here to knit and read at the same time. And frankly if it was I still probably wouldn't do it. Too distracting. :teehee:

Boogs
02-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Yup, knitting as usual! Making a matinee jacket for my friend's little girl who is due in about a month.

Two sleeves, a collar and a ton of seaming to go...now back to reading!

bobi1218
02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Nope, kids are awake. Too hard to knit when a 3 year old and an 8 month old want to use you as a human jungle gym. (Did I spell jungle right? It looks funny, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now...)

puppyluv
02-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Nope, kids are awake. Too hard to knit when a 3 year old and an 8 month old want to use you as a human jungle gym. (Did I spell jungle right? It looks funny, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now...)
Yep you spelled jungle correctly...I know this because my friend's last name is "jungELs" and I always spell it wrong. :roflhard: (I am not a jungle I am a JUNGELS!) Heard it a few times.
anywho.
I WISH I could knit OR websurf at work!!! But if I had to choose one, I would choose knitting...never enough time to knit...
When I'm here at home knitting, I open up my laptop and check the knit forum every now and then, when I need a break...

madametj
02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
nope

DianaM
02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeap. Working on a scarf, while trying to shake off a headache

Mama Bear
02-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I had to stop knitting and go do dishes, pick up around the place, make some muffins, and a few things like that.

Now I'm not knitting, I'm tinking! I came back, picked up the sweater and started knitting the wrong way :roll:

My husband is saying I need a nap... that maybe the knitting the wrong way has to do with not sleeping much last night.

I hope all of you that can't knit at work get to go home soon!

Mama Bear

DonnaS
02-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Am I knitting while reading this? Nope :teehee: I'm crocheting... http://www.century-oak.com/emotes/bolt.gif

meearnol
02-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm sitting in class not paying attention. :teehee:

orcoastknitter
02-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I am usually at work. Shhh don't tell....

When I am at home I am usually chasing my puppy around the house. My knitting hasn't seen the outside of my bag for the past few weeks. :pout:

mks22300
02-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't think I'm talented enough to type and knit at the same time. :teehee:

Mama Bear
02-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Meeghan, what class? Years ago I would fall asleep in Music History. When I started teaching music appreciation classes, I started the first session by telling my class that my goal was to NOT put them to sleep ;)

Donna, crochet is allowed :happydance:

Ah... chasing puppies and little children... my granddaughter tried on this sweater yesterday. I had the sleeves done but the body was only about half done and had stitch holders on it. She was pulling at those saying.. Fix it Nana, Fix it!

Well.. it's DONE. Ok, not done, done.. but the main knitting is done. I still need to pick up stitches and knit the edging and ties as well as weaving in some ends, but I'm going to go get some sleep first!

Mama Bear

Cristy
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm watching beauty and the geek and looking at this site...

dustinac
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
:rofl: Nope I'm taking a break from a sock... and the WVU game.. I don't usually knit while I'm reading the forum...

Birdy
02-07-2007, 11:06 PM
knit, knit, tap, purl, tap, knit, knit...

flourish,

knit, tap, tap, purl, knit, knit...

[pattern for an addicted forum knitter... think it will make Knitty?]

Stiney
02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Now I'm knitting. Or rather my needles are in my mouth as I type. :rofl:

DreamWeaver
02-08-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't personally, but that's a good idea. That may make my dad's never-ending socks go faster (love him to death, but he has REALLY big feet. Sorry, hijacking the thread... :teehee: )

aineepooh1
02-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Nope~~ not coordinated enought to do both...
but I knit and talke on the phone ALL THE TIME~~ especially with my dear old mom's LLOoonoooooong Conversations~~