PDA

View Full Version : Create an "Automatic Lifeline" with Options..

jamadian75
02-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Just saw this tip about the Knit Picks Options (http://knitpicks.com/needles/Needles_Options.aspx) needles on a knitting message thread:

"...if you are using size 4 or larger, you can use the hole at the base to insert a lifeline automatically while you knit."

I've got to try this!! :out:

jhelanee
02-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I did this and it worked great! My only caution is that when you do this the lifeline will go through any stitch markers you have on the needle as well, so you should remove them for the lifeline row. (Yes, I found this out the hard way - by doing it)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-08-2007, 01:04 AM
You can do this with the Boye set too... Amy posted about it somewhere...

i wish the options had a bamboo, uhm, option...

Jan in CA
02-08-2007, 03:15 AM
I've done it with my Denise set, too!

humblestumble
02-08-2007, 04:47 AM

Are any interchangeables bamboo?

mwedzi
02-08-2007, 08:15 AM

I think Webs has an interchangeable bamboo set.

Stonington
02-08-2007, 09:44 AM

Humble.. I have this set and love it!
Bamboo Needles (http://knittersreview.com/article_tool.asp?article=/review/product/060309_a.asp)

anne

brownishcoat
02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
My only caution is that when you do this the lifeline will go through any stitch markers you have on the needle as well, so you should remove them for the lifeline row.

Or you could just use removeable stitch markers for that row.

letah75
02-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I have a Denise set, not options but I will be ordering some to try them out. But I don't get it. What hole are you talking about?

jmp3775
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
On the newer Denise's there is a hole at the top of the cable (on the black part) where you would stick a paper clip or something to get leverage to turn and lock the needle. Boye and Options come with a small key that you use to tighten the tips when you are screwing them in.

Jan in CA
02-08-2007, 11:40 AM
On the newer Denise's there is a hole at the top of the cable (on the black part) where you would stick a paper clip or something to get leverage to turn and lock the needle.

Really? :?? How odd. There is a hole where the needle snaps to the cord. I just stick dental floss in it and twist it closed then knit.

humblestumble
02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow, I didn't know about that bamboo set! Thanks for the link!

going back to the original subject, I am having difficulty visualizing this technique. I have a boye set. :shrug:

jmp3775
02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
On the newer Denise's there is a hole at the top of the cable (on the black part) where you would stick a paper clip or something to get leverage to turn and lock the needle.

Really? :?? How odd. There is a hole where the needle snaps to the cord. I just stick dental floss in it and twist it closed then knit.

Arent we talking about the same thing? :shrug: You're saynig you stick the dentl floss in the hole in the cable, right? or are you sticking the floss through a hole on the needle? :doh:

Jan in CA
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Arent we talking about the same thing? :shrug: You're saynig you stick the dentl floss in the hole in the cable, right? or are you sticking the floss through a hole on the needle? :doh:

Nope, in the needle. As far as I know they've never needed any tools to tighten them. They just twist click.

jmp3775
02-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Yea, I've never used anything to tighten- no problem clicking them in, but I read about them putting the hole in, sosomeone must have been having trouble :shrug: !

Dangles
02-08-2007, 08:04 PM

Humble.. I have this set and love it!
Bamboo Needles (http://knittersreview.com/article_tool.asp?article=/review/product/060309_a.asp)

anne

Wow, those are so purdy. Sumbliminal message time to DH :teehee:

CindyH
02-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Good to know (especially since I have 2 lace projects OTN) - thanks Marce!