PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Amy

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 10:20 AM
I just have to express my thanks for all of the great videos Amy has done on this site. Without them I would probably never have figured out some of this stuff.

Yesterday I took out some cotton yarn to wind it into a center pull ball. I had no idea how to go about it. After watching Amy's video on the subject I had a nice center pull ball of blue cotton yarn in just a few minutes.

The videos here are a huge help to those of us struggling to learn knitting on our own and I for one really, really appreciate all of the time and effort Amy put into them to help those of us who are knitting challenged.

lauraknits
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
You said it, Mason!

All hail Amy! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ronda
02-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I have to agree with you 100%. Without this site, I would not be knitting! :muah:

mrs.hre
02-09-2007, 10:24 AM
where do you get amys videos

Old Knitter
02-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I, also, am so indebted to these video's. I have learned so much from clicking on them and watching a question I had answered before my eyes.

Kudo's............. :cheering:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM
mrs.hre just click the tabs at the top of the page. Amy has dozens of instructional videos showing many techniques.

PinkRoses
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I agree completely. It was the only thing that could help me figure out how to turn a heel of a sock. Nothing beats learning in a visual way.

Thank you, Amy!!! :notworthy:

Cristy
02-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I second all of that! :wink:

feminine_earth
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I, also, learned to knit 100% from Amy's videos. I didn't know any knitters in real life who could teach me, so I was on my own. If it weren't for Amy's videos, I wouldn't have ever been able to do it. Thanks Amy!! :hug:

MommaRalph
02-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Ditto here! Thanks so very much Amy! A great knitter, teacher, videographer, webmaster, etc., etc.! You are influencing a new generation of knitters and continuing on a cultural tradition in a modern way!

cds11
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh, I completely agree! I've spent I don't know how much time infront of my computer, knitting in hand watching and trying to follow along. WAY easier than trying to look at a picture and decipher what's going on!

Mama Bear
02-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Even though I had been knitting for a few decades before I found this site, I still found Amy's video's invaluable!

I had never done kitchner, double knitting or a few other techniques and the video's were wonderful for that.

In addition, while I say I taught my daughter to knit, a big portion of that "teaching" was saying... have you watched Amy's video on that yet? :teehee:

Thanks Amy!

Mama Bear

MamaMer
02-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I am a pretty advanced beginner, but there is still a lot of stuff in patterns that I don't know (will I ever know everything?! :?? ) and having three children 5 and under, it is sometimes pretty hard to get to my lys to ask a question. But everytime I have checked here and my question has been answered by either one of the videos or one of the members of the board. You all are so great! Thanks a ton! :cheering: