PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered Options

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I just placed an order for a set of Options as well as the pumpkin orange knitting tote. Actually I ordered two of the totes as my mother had said that she would like to have one and I thought it would be a nice gift for her.

I ordered express shipping on both orders so everything should be here either Monday or Tuesday. I had planned to leave back out on the road Monday but called the boss and told him how tired I am and that I needed to stay home until Wednesday to get more rest. :rofl:

Oh boy! I can't wait to see them.

Jessica
02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
:cheering: Mason!!

You will just love you Options. I love mine and never want to put them down.

jodstr2
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I ordered express shipping on both orders so everything should be here either Monday or Tuesday. I had planned to leave back out on the road Monday but called the boss and told him how tired I am and that I needed to stay home until Wednesday to get more rest. :rofl:

:cheering: :roflhard: :thumbsup: RIGHT ON MASON! staying home to await knitting stuff! :happydance: :cheering: I love to do that, when I can!

I'm thinking of ordering some Options as well. in fact, I just filled a shopping cart and am deciding if and when I should go for it.

letah75
02-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I too broke down and ordered some. I ordered the 17, 15 & 13, with the 40" & the 47" cables. Sigh. I've ordered more things online since finding this site.

Malabrigo
Addi's
Options
Denise Needles
WOTA
DPN's
yarn that doesn't come from Michael's
tickets to Stitches West
Circular needles in general
Fiber Trend Clog pattern

And this is what I can think of off the top of my head. I love that people will say "yeah" or "nay" to yarn/needles/books, etc. And that people don't always like the same stuff. It really helps to see reviews from people who are at all stages of knitting experience. I learned to knit on my own, and tried a lot of things before I found this site, but prior to KH I was a hobbie knitter, it has now turned into a "lifestyle choice" :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
That's the nice thing about setting my own schedule. I can decided when to work and when to stay home. And one does have to have priorities ya know. :rofl:

I'm really looking forward to trying the Options.

Jaxhil
02-09-2007, 04:05 PM
ROFLOL!! It'll be so worth it :teehee: you're gonna love them-and your dear Mom will be thrilled I bet!

Mama Bear
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Mason,

Once you get the needles, you might want to sit down and check them over. While knitpicks gives great customer service, there have been some problems with some of the sets. They are VERY good about taking care of it.

What we did was to first check each cable cord. 2 of 4 had rough spots on them that would catch yarn (run a fingernail or soft silk type cloth down the cord to check). Also check the join where the cable goes into the metal holder.

Then we did the same checking needles. One had a rough spot in the finish.

Then we screwed each set of needles onto a cable. We varied which cables we used to also check the threads on the cables. We had one needle that had bad threads.

I called knitpicks a week ago, gave them the list of problems and they shipped new ones out. I only hit the post office once a week as it's a bit of a drive (well.. .not what a long hauler would consider a bit of a drive :roflhard: but for going to town), and my replacements weren't here yet :pout:

I'm more of a wood needle person, but wanted the options so I had all the bases covered.

You may want to try wood DPN's before investing in one kind or the other of those, as some people find wood DPN's much more managable. I find the wood DPN's, being lighter, don't swing around and just stay put better.

It's really a personal preference thing... I was going to say sort of a Chevy - Ford thing... but maybe it's more of a Peterbilt - Kenworth thing :??

Some people prefer metal, some wood, and some metal for some things and wood for others!

Enjoy your options! They are arranged well and a great way to carry a wide variety of knitting sizes on the road.

Mama Bear

aineepooh1
02-09-2007, 04:17 PM
mason~ Just don't put YOUR knitting bag~uh tote~ :teehee: next to MOM's or there might be and accidental mix up~~ :doh:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mama Bear, I will check them over very carefully when they arrive next week.

I looked at some wood needles and to be honest I really prefer the metal ones. I have a few sets of aluminum DPNs and really like them. Naturally I need some more :rofl: Being the open minded person that I am, I probably will eventually give some wood ones a try just to see how I like them in action.

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
mason~ Just don't put YOUR knitting bag~uh tote~ :teehee: next to MOM's or there might be and accidental mix up~~ :doh:

:thumbsup:

Andrea
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Way to go!!! And I am SO in favor of skipping work for fun!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Way to go!!! And I am SO in favor of skipping work for fun!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Of course. Why waste it on something silly like an illness or something?

newwooley
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Mason, You are soooo hooked! Enjoy your Options. I'm using their classic circulars for socks on two circs and I'm really enjoying them, although they are sharp. Have fun and let us know how you like them, and the orange bag. I didn't know they had one - off to check out their website!

dustinac
02-09-2007, 05:48 PM
:cheering: you will love them... hope you like the tote too.. I have it and used it for knitting classes.. now its used for trips home... lots of room and pockets

Silver
02-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Mason, I hope you know you have every married female knitter here looking at their husbands and thinking "Why can't he be more like Mason?" Well at least one of us anyway. http://img52.exs.cx/img52/271/l9iblush.gif

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Mason, I hope you know you have every married female knitter here looking at their husbands and thinking "Why can't he be more like Mason?" Well at least one of us anyway. http://img52.exs.cx/img52/271/l9iblush.gif

:roflhard:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Kristin, you may find this article of some slight interest. I just wrote it today.

http://masonm.joeuser.com/index.asp?AID=143555

auburnchick
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Mason,

Did you order the DPNs as well?? I know that you just started socks.

I, personally, like the metal more than the wood. I have a problem getting my yarn to slide over the bamboo needles since I am a tight knitter.

Anyhow, enjoy the Options!! I feel like I'm driving a Mercedes when I knit with them. :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 06:34 PM
No I haven't yet ordered DPNs. I bought some at Hobby Lobby (metal) and am using those. I'll probably be ordering some more sizes soon.

auburnchick
02-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Kristin, you may find this article of some slight interest. I just wrote it today.

LOVED the article!!

My dh grew up in a home where his mom did EVERYTHING for his dad. Unfortunately, he came to me trained that way.

I've recently begun to rebel and quit doing a lot of the things I used to do.

Ironing...what's that?? :??

Folding the clothes, huh??? :shrug:

I have a pre-teen son who will, I'm determined, learn to cook, wash clothes, and iron them, as well as balance a checkbook and grocery shop.

:thumbsup:

I think that you know that we think you are pretty awesome!! :cheering:

auburnchick
02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
No I haven't yet ordered DPNs. I bought some at Hobby Lobby (metal) and am using those. I'll probably be ordering some more sizes soon.

I ordered three small sizes with my first order. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered the larger-sized DPNs...that's how much I like them.

jmp3775
02-09-2007, 06:38 PM
What orange knitting tote?!

MamaMer
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Mason, I have a 5 yo son named Mason, and I hope he grows up to love to knit too. He has been asking me to teach him, so it might actually happen!! :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
What orange knitting tote?!

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82324&PRODID=130622&source=search

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Mason, I have a 5 yo son named Mason, and I hope he grows up to love to knit too. He has been asking me to teach him, so it might actually happen!! :teehee:

Cool. It isn't the most popular or common name in the world (kinda why I like it) but it is a strong name. By all means teach him to knit, sew, cook, iron, all the stuff a guy should know.

DianaM
02-09-2007, 06:52 PM

Well said darlin' :cheering:

And on your orders....You're gonna be like a kid waiting for Santa aren't you?

jmp3775
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
OK. Iwas scouring the KP site thinking I had missed something! You really were busy, Mason! You ordered fron joann and KP?!

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
And on your orders....You're gonna be like a kid waiting for Santa aren't you?

Of course!

Knitting_Guy
02-09-2007, 07:21 PM
OK. Iwas scouring the KP site thinking I had missed something! You really were busy, Mason! You ordered fron joann and KP?!

Yep.

newwooley
02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Okay, now I know which orange bag!

By the way, I too, loved the article. Very well said!

You rock :thumbsup: