PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts Please About This Yarn

Lighting57
02-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I just received four skeins of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky that measures (4oz.) 125 yarns each. Have any of you used this before? If so, what can you tell me about it? Will this amount be enough for a woman's pullover? Or, is it best used for felting?

knitqueen
02-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I haven't used that particular yarn but I've used others of a similar weight. The 4 skeins will not be enough for a woman's pullover. For example, I am currently making a bulky v-neck pullover with long sleeves -- the pattern calls for 700yds-1080yds of bulky yarn, depending on which size you are making.

annomalley
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I've used the Lamb's Pride Worsted and the Naturespun worsted, both from the Brown Sheep Company. I found both very easy to work with. The Lamb's Pride is 15% mohair, so it does shed a bit when you work with it. I haven't worked with the bulky, but there are a bunch of felted projects displayed by the shelf where they keep the Lamb's Pride Bulky.

Lighting57
02-10-2007, 07:24 PM
[/quote]I've used the Lamb's Pride Worsted and the Naturespun worsted, both from the Brown Sheep Company.

Annomalley, what did you make with the yarn? I'm not sure I would be interested in making a felted item.

annomalley
02-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Annomalley, what did you make with the yarn? I'm not sure I would be interested in making a felted item.

Lighting57, I used them to make winter hats for both my DH and my son. Both of them said that they're very warm hats, too. I'm not sure what I want to make with the rest of my stash. I thought about making slippers out of some of it, but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to toss them in the washer when they got dirty (and I didn't necessarily want felted slippers, either), so I rethought that idea. :teehee: Next week, I get paid, so I may be back to the LYS to get more, because I :heart: both the Lamb's Pride and the Naturespun. :D

I don't think you have enough yarn to knit a woman's sweater with what you have, but you could use it for winter hats or scarves or mittens you could knit a bag that you don't have to felt. You could use this for pretty much anything that calls for bulky yarn, as long as you can get gauge and uses less than 500 yards total. It really all depends on what strikes your fancy.

landolphe
02-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I used it once for a man's sleeveless sweater. Was very nice; has some mohair in it, as I recall. I doubt that is enuf for your project, but it depends on several factors.

Lando

bip
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I made my husband a sweater out of Lamb's Pride Bulky, but he finds it too itchy. Apparently he can feel it through his thermals! But he is a bit of a princess and the pea - the way he goes clothes shopping is he touches all the clothes and if something is soft, then he consideres whether or not he likes how it looks!

I have also used it for felted bags and they came out very nice.