PDA

View Full Version : quiz: what kind of yarn are you?

Lucy78green
02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Anyone else take this quiz??? I came out dishcloth cotton - can't say I'm pleased!!! http://www.quizilla.com/users/bisybackson/quizzes/What%20kind%20of%20yarn%20are%20you%3F/

michellebreton
02-10-2007, 08:26 AM
It says I'm dish cloth cotton too, but it must be wrong. It says that I'm seemingly born to clean, but I don't clean anything :rofl: :rofl:

Michelle

terujoan
02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
You are Mohair.
You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

:rofl: I like mohair! :happydance:

Kari
02-10-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm mohair. :shrug:

XbelovedXoneX
02-10-2007, 08:39 AM
You are Shetland Wool.
You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.

I don't particularly love shetland wool, but the description made me chuckle!

betsylynn
02-10-2007, 08:49 AM
i got dishcloth cotton too, and that's definitely not me. :??

Belphoebe
02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
You are Merino Wool.
You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.

:cheering:

miccisue
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I think whoever does the "results" just pulls some label out the air, hoping to tick people off.

I got dishcloth cotton, too, and while it doesn't bug me, with some of my answers I wonder how they come up with "plain Jane, likes to clean, blah, blah, blah"...to me, my answers certainly didn't fit that mold. :??

sizz
02-10-2007, 09:16 AM
awww taint fair i am a dishcloth cotten :grrr: :cheering:

Lucy78green
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I think dishcloth must be the default answer if you don't fit into any other category - I don't clean much either - can't find the floor to clean it!

bip
02-10-2007, 09:52 AM
I fooled it and got mohair. In reality I am Lion Brand Chunky!

gingergal4l8r
02-10-2007, 10:10 AM
dishcloth cotton.....
but I am hardly plain jane. :?? :rofl:

mrs desert rain
02-10-2007, 10:40 AM
You are Dishcloth Cotton.
You are a very hard worker, most at home when you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice.

yeah, i'm a dishcloth. the description is mostly true, actually.

Knitting_Guy
02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Shetland wool.

jdee
02-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm Merino wool, and my husband is mohair. :teehee:

newamy
02-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I came out dishcloth cotton too but don't really agree with the description. I do like dishcloth cotton though...

Lieke
02-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm merino wool

I'm allergic to myself :rofl:

syndactylus
02-10-2007, 01:38 PM
ironically, I'm mohair.
if the quiz could see what I'm capable of doing to mohair, I don't think it would say that.

CamNMeg
02-10-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm merino wool.

purlwise
02-10-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm Merino Wool. Funny I don't like working with it!

DragonTush
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Listed me as Mohair.

DianaM
02-10-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm merino wool

I'm allergic to myself :rofl:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

I'm Dishcloth Cotton too ^^
And yeah....I like cleaning :teehee:

CraftyGal
02-10-2007, 03:45 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/B/bisybackson/1075526243_ershetland.jpg

You are Shetland Wool.
You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a little on the harsh side. Though you look delicate you are tough as nails and prone to intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are widely respected and even revered.

I am not sure if I fit this discription at all. HMM....

Crafty

jmp3775
02-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Dishcloth cotton :grrr:

misha rf
02-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Merino wool.

And when I read the description to the Husband, he said he was going to puke. :rofl:

I suppose I should go get him a bucket...

auburnchick
02-10-2007, 06:02 PM
You are Merino Wool.
You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to keep you close because you are so softhearted. You love to be comfortable and warm from your head to your toes.

:cheering:

Me too. Kind of strange. I don't think I'm all that sweet (at least that's what my family would say). :rofl:

annomalley
02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
You are a very hard worker, most at home when you're at home. You are thrifty and seemingly born to clean. You are considered to be a Plain Jane, but you are too practical to notice.

Count me in as another dishcloth cotton. I'm most of these in the description, but I clean because it has to be done and my DH said that there was no way I could be considered a Plain Jane. :roll:

bobi1218
02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
You are Merino Wool.

mks22300
02-10-2007, 09:05 PM
You are Merino Wool.

Actually, I think this is a pretty accurate description of myself.

*KnitPixie*
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Im mohair! ME stubborn :whistle:

madametj
02-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Merino wool--which is why I need to get my hands on some! :teehee:

and who the heck is Christian Slater? :hmm:

(when they said "Christian Slater movies" i thought they were talking about Christian movies with a lot of bloodshed involved!)

auburnchick
02-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Merino wool--which is why I need to get my hands on some! :teehee:

(when they said "Christian Slater movies" i thought they were talking about Christian movies with a lot of bloodshed involved!)

Oh gosh. Now I'm feeling my age...

:doh:

Compulsive
02-11-2007, 01:47 AM
http://images.quizilla.com/B/bisybackson/1075522614_ercashmere.jpg
You are Cashmere.You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful people and you don't let anyone forget it!

Yeah when those boutiques have huge sales. I'm totally not stuck up, but I do like natural fibers in ALL my clothing. And I'll be the first to point out my many flaws.

brokenblossoms
02-11-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm merino.

Jennie8
02-11-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm Mohair. warm and fuzzy...hehehe

aethra
02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm merino too, apparently. Easygoing and sweet. Heh.

Lucy78green
02-11-2007, 12:34 PM
and who the heck is Christian Slater?
Was big around same time as Winona Ryder, Johnny Depp etc but disappeared off into obscurity.. I grew up in the 90's...

msoebel
02-12-2007, 11:04 AM

:roflhard: :roflhard: Okay, you make me feel old...but you made me laugh. so you're forgiven!

Here were my results:

You are Mohair.
You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

Sadly, this describes me to a "T". I know, because last weekend, one of the 7th grade kids in my youth group advised another student "Just stop! Don't ever argue with Misty, because even if she is wrong, she will just keep going and going and going. She will make you give in!"

If a 7th grader already knows that about me... :oops:

Misty

feminine_earth
02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm merino wool. :)

madametj
02-12-2007, 08:46 PM
err, sorry if i made any1 feel old.... i just didn't know..... :shifty:

Arielluria
02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Dishcloth Cotton here too!

Well, I guess that's a compliment, I'd rather be practical than INpractical!

jjminarcik
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm Mohair

Which describes me to a T!!! :teehee:

DonnaS
02-12-2007, 09:20 PM
You are Mohair.

:heart:

I don't see dishcloth cotton as ho hum or plain jane. It's sturdy, dependable, soft and durable.. comes in a multitude of colors and is very strong and beautiful when it's made into a project :) I would consider that a compliment :hug:

Dangles
02-12-2007, 09:36 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/B/bisybackson/1075355241_zzermohair.jpg

"You are Mohair.
You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes."

:teehee: So is my DH, he goes why are you asking me these weird questions :rofl:

ArtLady1981
02-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I am MERINO WOOL. I find it very interesting that Merino Wool is my favorite yarn type.

sig
02-13-2007, 05:44 AM
IM SHETLAND WOOL

aineepooh1
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Ditto~~ I am shetland woold too~! :roflhard:

mwedzi
02-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm cashmere! Well, it's true, total cashmere tastes. Acrylic money.

You are Cashmere.
You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful people and you don't let anyone forget it!

I knew I was beautiful. Daddy always said so!

DianaM
02-13-2007, 11:08 AM

Oh gosh. Now I'm feeling my age...

:doh:

Amen!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Compulsive
02-13-2007, 11:14 AM

I'm glad I'm not Cashmere'n it alone! I LUV pretty. My Daddy did it to me. He always says, " My itty, bitty, pretty girl deserves the best." I'm on the other side of 40 and no longer itty or bitty. :teehee:, and try to live up to Daddy's expectations by buying the best even when I should restrain from purchasing. :roflhard:

Guin
02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
You are Shetland Wool.

letah75
02-13-2007, 01:13 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/B/bisybackson/1075526192_zzermerino.jpg

You are Merino Wool.

itscryttle
02-13-2007, 02:22 PM
:teehee: another cotton dishcloth here...

Cristy
02-13-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't mind the description but being "discloth cotton" just doesn't sound appealing at all! LOL! The description really does match me except for the "most at home when you're at home" part--I love to be on the go but I do find that as I get older I enjoy being home more and more but then that might just be b/c the more kids you have the harder it is to go anywhere w/o it looking like a comedy of errors! LOL!

mwedzi
02-13-2007, 03:19 PM

I'm glad I'm not Cashmere'n it alone! I LUV pretty. My Daddy did it to me. He always says, " My itty, bitty, pretty girl deserves the best." I'm on the other side of 40 and no longer itty or bitty. :teehee:, and try to live up to Daddy's expectations by buying the best even when I should restrain from purchasing. :roflhard:

Yeah, I saw you were the other cashmere. I'm Daddy's little girl, too! But it's really my mommy who used to spoil me. My father would ask why she was dressing me in $40 jeans when I was 2 when of course I would just grow out of them so quick (this was 1980, so $40 jeans were not cheap then!). I think I need a lesson from the dishcloth cottons on how to be a bit more realistic wrt what I want and my actual income! But I guess I'm my mother's child. We lived in Compton when the spoiling began, and for those of you who know the city, it's not exactly a rich part of town.