PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Knitting Club

Cristy
02-11-2007, 11:48 PM
I know it's a new book (by Kathleen Jacobs) but has anyone read it--the reviews on bn.com say it's a great book. I prefer to listen to books but I might just have to pick this one up...

IrishKnitter
02-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I heard a rumor that eventually it's going to be a movie with Julia Roberts. I think she actually knits in real life.

It's just a rumor...I can't remember where I heard it. I did just look it up on www.imdb.com and it has a listing there.

I'd be interested in reading it though, if others thought it's worthwhile! :)

psammeadred
02-12-2007, 12:50 AM
For anyone who's read it: is it a clean book? I've thumbed through it at Borders, and it looked all right, but I got a book in high school once that looked okay but had some horribly dirty bits. I'm really hesitant about getting books now.

Cristy
02-12-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess you'd probably have to define "clean" for someone to answer that--from the reviews and the synposis, it looks "clean" by my standards--it doesn't give any indication of sex scenes or anything like that. It's about a lady raising her daughter as a single mom while running a yarn store in NY.

I also saw that it was going to be a major motion picture w/ Julia Roberts. The author is doing a signing at one of the LYS here and on their website it mentions that it'll be a major motion picture w/ J.R. I'm thinking of going to the book signing...(gives me a good excuse to get more yarn! LOL)

Jan in CA
02-12-2007, 02:27 AM
I want to read this, but I'm #24 in the queue at the library. If I'm lucky I'll get to read it this year. :wall:

traceleighj
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Ijust finished reading it! It was okay, not great but entertaining. A definite enjoyable quick read. It was a "clean" book- basic fiction with the good, the bad and the ugly.

If a movie were to come out, I do think that I would wait for it on Netflix......

becjo
02-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I have a whole section in my book room for nothing but "Knitting Novels" - I did just get that from Amazon along with another book called "Knitting: A Novel" but I havent read either one yet. I also heard about the move thing.

I just ordered 2 more knitting books today. I have the Knitting Mystery series (I found the last two books in hardback!) YIPEE - but I also, of course, have the two books 'A Good Yarn" and "The Shop on Blossom Street". My Step daughter bought me "Knitting under the influence" for Christmas. That one was a little "Sex in the City" meeting knitting club. I'll have to write down all knitting novels I have though. It's Fun to read about ! :cheering:

jjminarcik
02-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll have to write down all knitting novels I have though. It's Fun to read about ! :cheering:

I would love to have a list - knitting novels are my new favorite books!