PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get those 40% off coupons?

HamaLee
02-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Someone posted that Michael's has one of those 40% off coupons for this week...where do you all find these? Are they in the Sunday paper or something (which I don't get)?

suzeeq
02-12-2007, 10:27 AM
In the Sunday papers yes, in their flyers. Maybe you could buy the Sunday paper, or get a Sunday only subscription. You may get back the cost of the paper in the savings you get on the coupons. For Joann's you sign up for their online newsletter, or for a mailed flyer which is the same as you pick up in the store, except the store flyers don't have the coupons.

sue

brendajos
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
and Hobby Lobby posts theirs on their website every week (in case you didn't know! :D) I believe this week's was for paint or something though. :thinking:

Jax3303
02-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Just go into Michaels and ask the cashier to give you the coupon when you check out.

HamaLee
02-12-2007, 10:55 AM
and Hobby Lobby posts theirs on their website every week (in case you didn't know! :D) I believe this week's was for paint or something though. :thinking:

I have this burning desire to experience a Hobby Lobby--they sound better than typical Michael's/Joann's fare, but we don't have any in Massachusetts. :pout:

brendajos
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Well what I find is that Joann's is a fabric store that has other stuff. (Don't let me make you think I am opposed to fabric... I could easily be addicted to fabric! :shock:)

Michael's, in my area, seem to be scrap book and flower arranging stores that happen to have other stuff.

Hobby Lobby's here seem to have a good supply of everything. Though Christmas does tend to take over their store in September...lol. We have pretty big HL stores though.

In my little corner of the world, they all have their purpose, but I find Hobby Lobby suits the most of my needs. :shrug:

MamaMer
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Just go into Michaels and ask the cashier to give you the coupon when you check out.

My local Michaels is stingy! they won't give the coupon out you have to buy the local paper. And I don't like our local paper, so I feel silly ordering it for a little coupon :teehee:

brendajos
02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
maybe go to the grocery store in the morning to get it? Or where ever people go pick it up in your town. (Where I grew up it is the gas station after church :teehee:)

MamaMer
02-12-2007, 11:39 AM
If there is something I am desperate for a discount on that is what I end up doing. Or beg my friends who do get the paper on Sundays! :teehee:

suzeeq
02-12-2007, 11:50 AM

I have this burning desire to experience a Hobby Lobby--they sound better than typical Michael's/Joann's fare, but we don't have any in Massachusetts. :pout:

Ehhh, HL has a lot of fuzzy or eyelashy yarn in their house brand, Patons, and Lion. I like their brand of baby yarns, Sweet Delight and a couple of their wool and/or acrylic lines. Depends on the store though, but they have some of Lion's line, Red Heart, the small 3oz skeins of Simply Soft and a good selection of Sugar and Cream. No SWS, Rumors, Decor, Candiana in Patons. You can go to craftsetc.com and browse the yarns under Needlework (http://www.craftsetc.com/Store/ShowCategory.aspx?d=20&c=-1&s=-1) to get an idea what they have, and order them, but they don't have discount coupons.

sue

edit: That is, the website doesn't use discount coupons.

Phretys
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Don't forget that Michaels takes competitor coupons, including AC Moore, JoAnn, and Hobby Lobby. I've heard some Michaels will refuse, but it's supposedly corporate policy and they're supposed to take competitor's coupons as long as they came from a flyer (not printed from an email like many JoAnn coupons).

I also wanted to add, if you're on JoAnn's email coupon list, once in a while they also send a flyer in the mail, so this could be one way to get a flyer without buying a newspaper.

Debi

Jax3303
02-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Don't forget that Michaels takes competitor coupons, including AC Moore, JoAnn, and Hobby Lobby. I've heard some Michaels will refuse, but it's supposedly corporate policy and they're supposed to take competitor's coupons as long as they came from a flyer (not printed from an email like many JoAnn coupons).

I also wanted to add, if you're on JoAnn's email coupon list, once in a while they also send a flyer in the mail, so this could be one way to get a flyer without buying a newspaper.

Debi

If there isn't an AC moore, Joanns or Hobby Lobby in the area, than your Michaels will NOT take their coupons. The Michaels I work at dosen't take AC Moore coupons. Also, if you print a coupon from the michaels site, not every Michaels store will accept it. We are't allowed to accept ANY printed coupons at our store.

Lisa Kay
02-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Here is a site (http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/) that usually has a link to a coupon for Jo Ann Fabrics.

Here is a site (http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2006/04/ac-moore-coupons.html) that usually has a link to a coupon for AC Moore.

Here is a site (http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2006/03/hobby-lobby-coupons.html) that may have a link to a coupon for Hobby Lobby.

And according to the Michaels web site, Michaels coupons are not available online or via email. The Michaels coupon is only available in the advertisement inserted in participating local newspapers.

Hope that helps. :D

suzeeq
02-13-2007, 12:52 AM
I subscribed to Michael's ad alerts when I lived near one, thinking I might get the coupons by email like Joann's. Nope. Newspaper only.

sue