PDA

View Full Version : OT: LOST

Jackie M.
02-15-2007, 12:30 AM
What the hay!!!!! What is going on??? It's more confusing than ever.

mks22300
02-15-2007, 12:36 AM
I so agree with you!

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Tonight was the first time I'd watched an episode of the show. I was totally lost.

auburnchick
02-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Poor Desmond!!! And poor Charlie!!!!

I'm glad we're back to the other story lines. Nice change of pace...

ChristinaKnits
02-15-2007, 01:45 AM
holy cow, now I'm scared for poor Charlie!!!!

Jan in CA
02-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Tonight was the first time I'd watched an episode of the show. I was totally lost.

You kind of have to watch from the beginning to have any clue. Tonite's show confused even us die hard watchers. :??

Silver
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
I hate Lost. Well, no, I love to hate Lost. I really don't like watching it because it drives me crazy, but I can't stay away. I swear we're being brainwashed.

Remember last week's brainwashing scene? If the scene is played backwards you can hear the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" several times, and clear as a bell. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself (http://www.scifi2u.com/Lost.htm).
Creepy!! :zombie:

auburnchick
02-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I hate Lost. Well, no, I love to hate Lost. I really don't like watching it because it drives me crazy, but I can't stay away. I swear we're being brainwashed.

Remember last week's brainwashing scene? If the scene is played backwards you can hear the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" several times, and clear as a bell. Don't believe me? Listen for yourself (http://www.scifi2u.com/Lost.htm).
Creepy!! :zombie:

Interesting given last night's episode with Desmond.

feministmama
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
So Desmond kept getting clues that what was happening wasn't "real" like the microwave beep was the same beep as in the hatch. So maybe if reality is sometimes not "real" maybe he can change the reality he's in right now? So maybe he can save Charlie? I liked this episode. I usually don't like Desmond (why the heck does he call everyone bruther?) but this episode was very Matrix-like. The woman in the jewelry store was like the Oracle in the Matrix. It was kinda cool.

MamaMer
02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I am still wanting to know what happened to Michael and Walt... I am very tired of the whole Kate, Sawyer and Jack thing, there are a lot of other interesting characters that they have left out of practically the whole season. I myself like Locke and wish they would show more of him. I find his character fascinating. They need to get away from the soap opera stuff and back to what made the show great in the first place, which is how these people are connected in the past and how they work together... ok off my soapbox now :teehee:

where is that tapping foot impatiently smiley? :teehee:

Liliyarn
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Loved this episode :heart:

So...other than what happened to the kids what other Q's are going to be answered next week?

Silver
02-15-2007, 01:41 PM
So...other than what happened to the kids what other Q's are going to be answered next week?
It doesn't really matter. They might answer 3 questions, but they'll ask like 14 more.
:!!!:

My sis sent me this link (http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22002)... very interesting concept on what is going on on the island.

DotMom61
02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Very interesting, Silver, but it makes me wonder whether someone dubbed that in there.

It was creepy enough forward. It's even creepier backwards!!!! :help:

BTW ... were there two new episodes last night, or did they replay the Portland one? I was watching AI. :oops: (The only new one on the online episodes is the 2nd one)

auburnchick
02-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Very interesting, Silver, but it makes me wonder whether someone dubbed that in there.

It was creepy enough forward. It's even creepier backwards!!!! :help:

BTW ... were there two new episodes last night, or did they replay the Portland one? I was watching AI. :oops: (The only new one on the online episodes is the 2nd one)

First hour was last week's repeat. 2nd hour was new episode.

Jan in CA
02-15-2007, 03:19 PM

I am very skeptical of things I find on the internet. With all the fake stuff I see I wouldn't be surprised. :shrug:

DotMom61
02-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Me, too, Jan. Some people have too much time on their hands -- as if I have any room to talk at the moment. :oops:

And I'm glad to hear the 1st episode was a repeat -- now I only have an hour to catch up on! :thumbsup:

IrishKnitter
02-15-2007, 10:47 PM

It's so true!! I can't say that I actually *HATE* it, but it DRIVES ME NUTS! :eyes: DH and I started compiling a list of unanswered questions at one point, but then just gave up!

(I really do :heart: it though...just have some resolution from time to time!! :teehee: )

ArtLady1981
02-16-2007, 05:23 AM
We have watched LOST faithfully...but this is the LAST SEASON. unless the writers get with it REAL QUICK. We think the LOST writers throw 'miscellaneous storylines' into a wicker basket each week, and pull one out of the hat for next week's episode. We don't think the writers know where this show is going from week to week. LOST is lost, wandering aimlessly through piles of miscellaneous ideas...none make sense, nothing is connected, and we are caring less and less about any of them.

We may not last this Season out. It is more annoying than interesting, and that ain't sayin' much.

Question: hasn't Hurley actually gained weight since the first episode? Wouldn't you think he'd have lost a little by now? Huh, Dude?

Remember Castaway with Tom Hanks? He actually stopped filming for 6 months so that he could lose weight, and actually halfway make us believe he was stranded on a deserted island! Kudos, Tom!

DotMom61
02-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I've thought that they are kind of flying by the seat of their pants, too. But I'm not ready to give up on them yet. It is kind of annoying to be strung along each week, though. :shrug:

Chel
02-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I think its quite the opposite. EVERYTHING is connected. No misc. story lines at all. In time you see the parallels and connections. While you can't believe everything you see on the net, there are several LOST sites created by the brilliant minds who run the show. For example, the Oceanic site, the Hanso site, Retrievers of Truth, etc. LOST is meant to be an INTERACTIVE show. If you sit and watch for an hour per week, you will be "lost". If you do your homework, the parallels and connections are easier to see. You get those AHA! moments much more often.

And Desmond is quite possibly the most beautiful man in existence.

And as for Hurley losting weight-yeah when TH did Castaway, he was also stranded on an island, however I doubt if he would have appeared to lose weight had someone dropped a TON of food on HIS island every couple of months.

ArtLady1981
02-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Chel,

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated, really. The show's multi-layering and underthreading seems to be just what many viewers delight in!

We personally like shows that are what they appear to be on the surface. It is now clear to me why this show is annoying to us.

Agree with you about Desmond! As a matter of fact, the entire cast is very appealing in one way or another. Even chunky ole Hurley.

We am curious what all their hype is about. Hopefully, we won't be disappointed when "all mysteries are explained". Here's a mystery I hope is cleared up: what is the point? We need something we can get excited about, someone we can get behind! Right now, we don't care much about any one character. Any of them could get offed, and how would the 'plot' be spoiled? LOST would jump to another of its dozens of underthreadings.

Where is the devil did the elderly racially-mixed couple go to? :verysad: LOST made us care about them, then arbitrarily yanked them! So, what was the point in making a fuss about them in the first place? Window dressing?

Well, thanks for listening.

aethra
02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the thread resurrection...we in the UK get the episode on Sunday that you get on Wednesday (?)

But...did anyone else notice the line Charlie is singing, when he's busking outside the Widmore building? I didn't realise until I was at work today and had Wonderwall by Oasis stuck in my head, the line "Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me, And after all, you're my Wonderwall". As soon as I realised it was stuck in my head from Lost, I just knew that that was what Charlie had been singing, although I didn't pick up on it watching through. My dad recorded it, and sure enough...

This is why I watch, I love all these little bits you don't notice for a start :D

Quiltlady
02-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I have to say that they may lose me soon as a viewer. ITs just too "all over the place". :wall: :wall: In the past season some episodes were to violent for my taste. :!!!: :!!!: If it doesn't "get better" soon I won't bother watching it anymore and I really would not miss it either at this point. :verysad: