PDA

View Full Version : Another survey question (re: sock tutorial)

Silver
02-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok, so according to my survey question that has so far run for 8 days, most of you would like to see a magic loop tutorial, followed by two socks at one time, followed by toe up socks.

So, it got me thinking... how about ONE tutorial for 2 toe-up socks on a magic loop? Yes, all three techniques combined into one tutorial. If I can make it as easy as my current DPN tutorial, would you love it?

Answer on my sock page (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Intro.htm), pleeeease? :)
Thank you! :muah:

jmp3775
02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
I was hoping thats what you would do. It makes sense to do it all together.

XbelovedXoneX
02-15-2007, 01:42 PM
yes, as long as you will be doing the hand holding! :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't see why combining them would be a problem at all.

Friskums
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Makes a lot of sense to me to combine them. Then, if someone just wants to do a toe up on ML by itself, they can just cast on for the first sock and nevermind the second.

I did two at a time toe up socks on ML off a pattern for top down DPNs. So, I don't think it'd be too hard for someone to use a ML tutorial for toe up DPNs. ;)

auburnchick
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
P-e-r-f-e-c-t

:thumbsup:

nadja la claire
02-15-2007, 03:01 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing one toe up sock at a time right now on 2 circs. and even though I like the simplisity of the 2 circs I hate having to tie up the extra needle. Will you be doing a short row heel? Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeease :pray: :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Stitch
02-15-2007, 03:25 PM
yes yes yes!!! i just voted on your page!
that is exactly what i want to learn how to do!!!

Mariblue
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
how about ONE tutorial for 2 toe-up socks on a magic loop?

That would be perfect! :thumbsup:

HamaLee
02-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Hooray! Yes--that was my secret wish :teehee:

Mariblue
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
how about ONE tutorial for 2 toe-up socks on a magic loop?

That would be perfect! :thumbsup:

Chrissie
02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
oh yes.....yes yes yes. I voted the same on your page.

jodstr2
02-15-2007, 05:18 PM
:cheering: yes yes yes! all three combined :cheering:

thank you Silver :heart: I love this tutorial. you're so thorough and encouraging. the pics and captions and descriptions are very clear, and I gotta say after over a eyar of putting off doing socks, I kick myself for not looking at your tutorial earlier! I'm starting The Toes in a few minutes. again, molto grazie, Silver! :heart:

VickyS456
02-15-2007, 05:43 PM
:cheering: oh yes, please!!!! :cheering:

I'm a sock AND a dpn virgin (I prefer ML)... I need all the help I can get :oops:

want2knit
02-15-2007, 06:00 PM
:cheering: can't wait - loved your other tutorial!!

cinnybuns
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
yes please it's what I've been looking for !!!

how long will it take you? :teehee: :rofl: cause I'm dying to make my new socks using those methods you proposed

DreamWeaver
02-15-2007, 09:41 PM
That sounds great :thumbsup: When I first read it I was kind of worried about not being able to master all three tequniques at one time, but now I know that you'll make it nice and easy ^_^

Three cheers for Silver :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

madametj
02-15-2007, 10:21 PM
yikes! am i the only one that finds doing two socks at once to be scary, having never done socks at all?

p.s. what is the advantage of making it toe-up?

jodstr2
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM

I'm sure everyone else will add tons of other reasons to this, but the big one I can think of for doing toe-up is not having to graft the toe area together.

DreamWeaver
02-15-2007, 10:37 PM

I've heard that it's better because you can try the sock on as you go, so you know you'll have a good fit :thumbsup:

Silver
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I have to admit, I'm hoping the 2 toe ups on a ML wins out in the end. I'd really like to do them next. Sounds like fun. :)

Thanks for all the kudos from everyone. I'm thrilled you all love my tutorial so much. I promise I'll make the next one as easy and detailed as the first.

I'm knitting some toe-up socks right now (on 2 circs). While I don't dislike cuff down socks, toe ups are more fun. And I have a little secret for making the cast on darn near perfect too... yes, I'll share it in the tutorial.

Once I start, it shouldn't take more than a week to get it online, barring any unforeseen circumstances (or work clients... I do graphics, logos and webpages and stuff)... but I swear I will do all I can to get it online asap!

DreamWeaver
02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
we love you Silver :flirt:

newknitteraswell
02-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Silver is there a way that you could not have the background of the pictures for the tutorials in black?? i know it show's off the yarn and steps well but it is killer on the ink charges.

Just wanted to say I am trying to knit a sock right now and so far so good :happydance:

Andrea
02-16-2007, 02:11 AM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Silver

How exciting!!!!!

Silver
02-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Silver is there a way that you could not have the background of the pictures for the tutorials in black?? i know it show's off the yarn and steps well but it is killer on the ink charges.
I know, my desk is black and at the time I made that tutorial, I had no plans to make it widely available so I didn't even consider the printing capabilities. BUT after I got lots of requests, I painstakingly made a printer friendly version (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/printready/print.htm) where I took the black out of each photo. :)

For the next tutorial I will take photos on a white background. Don't worry!

mwedzi
02-16-2007, 11:16 AM
So, it got me thinking... how about ONE tutorial for 2 toe-up socks on a magic loop?

When i took your first survey, that is exactly what I was saying to myself! Yes, yes, yes!

mwedzi
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
yikes! am i the only one that finds doing two socks at once to be scary, having never done socks at all?

Also, you know when you are going to run out of yarn. For example, if you have 2 50gram balls and you go top down, you might end up making the cuff too long and you run out of yarn in the middle of your foot. Or you make it really short and have all this yarn left over that you could have used to make a longer leg part. But if you go toe-up, you can just keep going until you run out of yarn.