PDA

View Full Version : OT: Check Your Peanut Butter

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Peter Pan and Great value peanut butter with product code 2111 is being recalled for salmonella contamination. Food poisoning.

Check your labels folks.

Jan in CA
02-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I saw that. We have Skippy fortunately so we're okay.

Quiltlady
02-15-2007, 06:17 PM
OH Brother..what next?? :shrug: Seems like nothing is safe to eat anymore. :?? Thanks for the warning.

CamNMeg
02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I actually had an unopened jar of the recalled peanut butter in my cupboard. Scary! I would've been feeding it to my almost 3 year old. :grrr:

Stiney
02-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Trader Joe's brand here.

PinkRoses
02-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Thank God we only have the reduced fat Smuckers peanut butter. Makes you scared to think why we seem to have lots of outbreaks of this or if they are just more accurately determining where and why people are getting sick. I know the numbers are statistically really low but it's sad for the small amount of people who have had problems. :oo:

Stiney
02-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Makes you scared to think why we seem to have lots of outbreaks of this or if they are just more accurately determining where and why people are getting sick.

A lot of it is increased accuracy, I think.

I worked at a summer camp near Bear Mountain, NY. This camp has been in the same place for 75 years, and in 200...3? I think it was 2003...they kept declaring that our water wasn't safe for drinking. It probably had always been a little on the unsafe side, but they didn't have the technology in place to test it. They kept changing their story every other day, so we wound up with a water truck that summer.

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I wonder if anyone tested the water truck? :teehee:

nadja la claire
02-15-2007, 07:02 PM
We use Trader Joe's organic...........thankfully. I wonder what it will be next.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

letah75
02-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Cat food. I saw an article about it yesterday.

http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/21002/

I know there are a lot of cat lovers here so I wanted to share.

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 07:14 PM
I've been posting this around the online places I frequent as well as my blog. One person on my blog site had just eaten some of the contaminated stuff. I hope she doesn't become ill.

Aquaria
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Thank goodness, my peanut butter in the fridge is from Kraft. :thumbsup:
Thanks for warning :wink:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't eat peanut butter. It makes my pizza all soggy.

auburnchick
02-16-2007, 12:07 AM
How weird that I NEVER buy Wal-Mart brand peanut butter but picked some up not too long ago to save money. Plus, I had a jar of the Peter Pan in the pantry too.

Both had the 2111 codes on them. Too bad they were both almost empty. Oops...

Dh has Crohn's, so tummy aches are a normal part of his day. We probably wouldn't have noticed mild symptoms.

Going to send in my caps for a refund, though.

sewinhotmama23
02-16-2007, 12:07 AM
HOLY CRAP!! MY DD has eaten 1/2 jar of that crap!! Shes had diarrehea(sp??!?) the last day on and off, but no throwing up or fever. Ill keep an eye on her... but I would think that if she had salmonilla poisoning it would have been apparent by now...

Knitting_Guy
02-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Dh has Crohn's, so tummy aches are a normal part of his day. We probably wouldn't have noticed mild symptoms.

As a long time sufferer of IBS (over 30 years) I can sympathize with him. While the cause is different, the symptoms are identical.

humblestumble
02-16-2007, 04:07 AM
I don't eat peanut butter. It makes my pizza all soggy.

DO WHAT?!?!?! :?? How did pizza find it's way into that sentence?

susies1955
02-16-2007, 04:51 AM
We had three jars of the recalled Peanut Butter here and two were half gone. I eat Peanut Butter everyday and lots of it. Thankfully we are fine. I threw them out and am mailing the lids out this morning.
Susie

Stonington
02-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Found our jar this morning! Jeeze... half gone.. I ate a sandwich Sunday and promptly had to rid myself of it (enough details lol) Did not think much of it because PB sometimes upsets my stomach. Back to Hannaford it goes I guess. Good luck everyone.

hugs,
anne

dustinac
02-16-2007, 09:51 AM
My mom's co-worker's sister .. has a dog that has been soo sick the vet was treating him for something.. when she seen this yesterday and called the vet up to let him know.. the dog loves peanut butter and that is how she gives him any kind of meds and plus she gives him a little bit when she makes their PB sandwiches... so they think that is what's wrong with him now.. and her dh thought he had a bad stomach bug... I've tried greater value before to save money and dh and the kids wouldn't eat it so back to Jiff we went..

Thanks for posting the cat food too.. went and checked it out and its not our brand...

stitchwitch
02-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Got a jar, it's 3/4 of the way gone. I'm sure not every jar has salmonella in it, right? :teehee:

snowangel
02-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I just went to Wal-Mart the other day and bought the great value stuff. I almost bought the smuckers organic but went for cheap instead. It think it's time I went ahead and tried out that organic stuff!

auburnchick
02-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I just went to Wal-Mart the other day and bought the great value stuff. I almost bought the smuckers organic but went for cheap instead. It think it's time I went ahead and tried out that organic stuff!

I usually buy the Publix "Old Fashioned" brand, which is nothing but peanuts and salt or something. No other additives though.

Better to stick with the organic/healthy...you just never know...

ZELDAdog
02-16-2007, 01:45 PM
We had one of the huge jars of Peter Pan from Sam's--half of it eaten of course! I still threw the rest away!

Cristy
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I usually buy Skippy Natural but Wally World was out of it when I bought groceries so I bought the GV stuff and sure enough...It's one of the THE jars...my 4 YO dd eats peanut butter and jelly for lunch every day and she has already eaten half the jar....I guess ours wasn't infected b/c she hasn't been sick...I threw it out anyway and had dh run to the store last night to buy more--he got my skippy natural this time! :)