PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Solid

PinkRoses
02-15-2007, 07:06 PM
OMG, I just went to start my car up and there is still a ton of snow that is literally FROZEN to the car. I've been running it for 10 mins. and I can knock on it. Thank God I'm not late for my class. I'm running about a half an hr. early and from the looks of things, it's going to be at least another 10-20 mins. Good grief! :verysad:

letah75
02-15-2007, 07:21 PM
I would love to see snow somewhere other than on T.V. I've never been to the snow.

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cold here too. It's been down into the mid 50s all day and I had to wear a sweater with my jeans and flip flops.

Ingrid
02-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cold here too. It's been down into the mid 50s all day and I had to wear a sweater with my jeans and flip flops.

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

:teehee:

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
:shrug:

DianaM
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
We were at -15F here yesterday (-25F with the wind according to the weather channel).

Car wouldn't start when I had to go to class. Why? It got so cold the battery died.... :!!!:

zkimom
02-15-2007, 08:25 PM

You may think you have it so good there all warm and cozy there in Florida, but at least up here in Connecticut we don't have cockroaches the size of VWs!

And just you wait, come August when your flip flops have melted to the pavement . . . damn, can't think of anything snappy to finish that one off with :doh:

Is my Florida envy showing? :biting: (this is the little green monster)

Best,
Susan

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
:roflhard:

Those VW sized roaches come in handy at times. Just toss a saddle on them and ride to the store when the vehicle breaks down.

Jan in CA
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM

:chair: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Yeah we had it pretty bad here, too. It was only about 75 today. http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/1.gif

MommaRalph
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I guess this Canadian shouldn't even chime in here? At least it was tolerable here today at 0 degrees celcius (that's like 32 farenheit). C'mon spring!!!

letah75
02-15-2007, 08:51 PM
And just you wait, come August when your flip flops have melted to the pavement . . . damn, can't think of anything snappy to finish that one off with :doh:

Is my Florida envy showing? :biting: (this is the little green monster)

Best,
Susan

He won't be so quick to get to the computer and answer posts?

He won't be able to run from the VW sized cockroaches?

CateKnits
02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
It was 7 here today. The windchill was -10...but I guess I should be glad it wasn't actually -10? :wall: :-x This place would be so much easier to tolerate if it weren't so :!!!: ing windy all the :!!!: ing time! I mean, I can deal with brushing snow off my car, but not when it just blows back at me and gets in my coat. :pout:

HeatherFeather
02-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I was walking into work the other day...thinking there really isn't anything worse than.....snow blowing down the back of my coat...(and yes I KNOW there are worse things...my fil was just diagnosed with 3 types of cancers today...)but at the moment, that was what I was thinking...and then..some snow blew in my ear....BLEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And Mason...good thing you are WAY far away, otherwise I'd throw one of these snow balls atcha!!!

Oh, and my furnace is quite nearly close to dying!!! ug...I hope it can hang on until Sat when the guy can come....I think I need adult beverages right about now.

Silver
02-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I know! I had the windows open all day and I got pretty chilly around dinner time, so I had to shut them. It was like 65 degrees in here! Brrr! (Usually I have total snow envy, but not lately!)

Hey Mason, where in FL are you? I'm in north east FL, near Jacksonville. The weatherman said there's a very, very, very, very small chance we might see flakes in the morning. Woot!

Ok all you snowbunnies, don't hate on use Floridians. We do melt in the summer here, and our summer is 9 months long.

CateKnits
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
It snows sideways here a lot because of the wind. Snow in the ear is common. :pout: I need to make myself better hats.

DianaM
02-15-2007, 10:45 PM
We're expecting a big wind storm tomorrow. 60-70 mph winds with snow and rain.

Might skip school if that happens :pout:

simplethings
02-16-2007, 01:35 AM
we had major snow and wind on tuesday here. shoveling became useless.
we'd spend about 2 hours clearing the driveway and our ridiculously long side walk (we have a corner house). our corner is also a bus stop so we try to keep it clean and accessible for the kids.
and then 2 hours later we'd look outside.. and even though the snow was coming down quite slowly.. all our shoveling was filled in with the drifting wind-blown snow. :wall:
so, we shoveled again. and then again on wednesday.

on the plus side though, it was like.. 18 degrees on wednesday and i was ready to drive around with my windows down. i was getting so warm in the car. 8)

jess_hawk
02-16-2007, 01:55 AM
You Floridians! You would freeze solid here and we'd have to wait until spring to thaw you. heck, at 65 degrees I hardly even bother to put on long pants and a sweatshirt. However, it has been down to single digits and negative windchills the past couple of weeks, and my nose gets cold on the way across campus to class.

Jan in CA
02-16-2007, 03:25 AM
At 65 I need a sweater. :teehee:

CateKnits
02-16-2007, 03:33 AM
65 is sweater weather?! I go riding in 30 degrees in a sweatshirt, long underwear, and jeans and sweat. :teehee: Of course, when I get off the horse, it's a different matter, but...I think I'm getting tougher where cold is concerned!

Silver
02-16-2007, 08:25 AM
No, no, no... I only closed the windows when it got to be 65 inside and I got chilly while wearing my tee shirt, shorts and with bare feet. I *almost* had to pull out a pair of socks! :teehee:

DianaM
02-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Classes have been cancelled :cheering:

Lisa1216
02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Once the Nor'easter went through, the winds started up the lake effect snow again. We cleared a foot of snow yesterday, and woke up to about another foot this morning. We are running out of places to put it.

As for all of you warm Floridians.....I'll gladly deal with the snow any day over the hurricanes you guys get in the fall!

msoebel
02-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Hmmn...Hurricanes or snow? Hurricanes or snow? :shrug:

I lived in Texas for 4 years...I gladly made the trade for my FREEZING cold Michigan winters (although by the end of January, I find myself seriously considering a mental exam! :teehee: ).

And you know what? If I really want to, I too could be walking around the house in shorts and a t-shirt.

Granted, my dh would freak out over the heating bill, but I could still do it!!!

Misty

jess_hawk
02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Cateknits - riding I definitely don't dress as warm as I do when I'm just walking across campus. Well - now where I ride they have a heated indoor (I feel so spoiled, but its been single digits and at those temperatures, my fingers get cold even in my gloves, so I'm not going to complain about the temperature in there), but back when I didn't have that luxery, I'd wear a T-shirt, a denim jacket, a sweatshirt, and jeans, and after warm-ups I'd take the sweatshirt off. That being at 20 degrees or so.

I certainly agree about the hurricanes; but those of us out here in the midwest have to deal with tornadoes instead. For most of my life, the sound of the tornado siren was the most terrifying sound I could think of.

kellyh57
02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Back when I was in college (Northern Iowa) and it was -10 and I had to walk to school, I remember thinking the worst thing in the world was when your nosehairs froze together. It hurt to breathe because you'd feel them crackling. Ugh. Luckily, it doesn't get that cold here and I don't have to walk 2 miles to school with the wind like no other!!!

Kelly

KathyinCali
02-16-2007, 01:24 PM
At 65 I need a sweater. :teehee:

I'm with Jan :) 65 = Sweater

Yvonne
02-18-2007, 07:26 PM

BRRRRRR. The high here in Charlotte County was only 59 degrees!
I got to wear my Einstein Coat for the first time. I'll get to wear it probably one day next year, too! :sun: