PDA

View Full Version : OT - one year since the last cig

DianaM
02-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Sooooooo, next thursday will be a year since I quit smoking (did it cold turkey ^^)

I thought it would be a good excuse to celebrate and get something knitterly......any suggestions? :teehee:

madametj
02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
:cheering: yay one whole year! :woot: :happydance:

hmm, i don't know what you have so i can't really suggest anything, but i know i would get a ball winder. maybe some new sock yarn? :shrug:

brokenblossoms
02-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Congratulations!!!

Stiney
02-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

My recommendations for rewards:

Swift
Fahncy yarn--and I mean super fahncy yarn. Jade Sapphire has gooooorgeous, but super expensive luxury yarns.
Interchangeable needle set (if you don't have one already)

Knitting_Guy
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Nobody likes a quitter you know.

:present:

KathyinCali
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Congratulations! I say the sky is the limit on a treat...Just think of how much money you have saved not smoking this past year!! :cheering: :woohoo:

Kaydee
02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yea!! That's so awesome!

Congratulations! I say the sky is the limit on a treat...Just think of how much money you have saved not smoking this past year!! :cheering: :woohoo:

So true, you could buy some really nice yarn that maybe you've been wanting.

Jan in CA
02-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Congratulations!!! Your best gift will be longer life, but since you want more immediate gratification... :teehee: Maybe an interchangeable needle set if you don't have one? :cheering: :cheering:

HamaLee
02-15-2007, 08:33 PM
:cheering: :muah: :thumbsup:

letah75
02-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Plymouth Sinsation yarn, it's like knitting with butter that won't get you greasy.

Julie
02-15-2007, 08:55 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

hunterjenn
02-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Wow--CONGRATULATIONS!!

mrs.hre
02-15-2007, 10:14 PM
:cheering: :sun: :thumbsup: thats great. i am on 4 months not smoking putting money that i smoked with away for a nice vac. or more yarn maggie

brendajos
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Mason is naughty!

I say get a fabulous knitting bag! But I always say get a fabulous knitting bag! :teehee:

Silver
02-15-2007, 10:49 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know how you feel, as I quit 1 year and 4 months ago. It's a wonderful achievement and you should go buy some CASHMERE to celebrate!

http://www.iheartpaws.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoonaner2gy.gif

IrishKnitter
02-15-2007, 10:53 PM
:happydance: :balloons: :yay: :cheering:

Congratulations!!! Let us know what you decide to reward yourself with!! :)

DianaM
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks all ^^

Funny thing is, I only smoked for 4 years.

I grew up in Mexico, where most of my classmates smoked. My high school chemistry teacher would actually let us smoke in his classroom during his exams (hard as hell, three hour long torture sessions). Did 6 years of theatre with a group of chainsmokers.

Graduated college, moved to Colorado to take of my grandmother and the stress of a new country, racism, unemployment and overall loneliness was so overwhelming that I started smoking.
Four years later, I would down 1/2 to a full pack each day and during allnighter study sessions at Perkins, I would go through two full packs (or more). People who hung out with me would be shocked if I ever showed up w/o my customary ciggie.
Then one day, I walked out of class, lit my noon smoke, took a couple of drags and when I tried to breathe, I realized that I couldn't. Took me a few attempts to get an actual breath (more like gasp) of air in.
So I threw away the cigarette, tossed the pack in the trash and said "That's it".

That was almost a year ago.
Knitting and crocheting has taken over the release of stress for me.

auburnchick
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Way to go! I watched my mom do this when I was a teenager...cold turkey. She never looked back!

:cheering:

Whatever you get must include a HUGE order of fancy chocolate!

:thumbsup: