PDA

View Full Version : How would you knit this hat?

taylorsmommie
02-15-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm wanting to knit a stocking cap with our school name knit into it, but there are 8 stitches between some of the letters, so I'm looking for a method to use other than stranding. I'm doing it on circular needles, so evidently using bobbins is out. What would you do? I tried it using the stranding method but just wasn't pleased with the result. Surely there has to be an EASY way to do this!

knitqueen
02-15-2007, 11:54 PM
You could use duplicate stitch (http://www.craftsmensstudio.com/dupstitch.html).

taylorsmommie
02-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I left that out of my first post, I tried one with duplicate stitch, but it's navy on a white background, and my duplicate stitch just didn't look good. Of course, it was my first attempt at duplicate stitch, so maybe I should practice a little and give it another try. Does anyone have any tips for doing duplicate stitch?

Yvonne
02-16-2007, 07:56 AM
You could knit the part with the intarsia flat, with bobbins. Once you're past that part, you could join it and knit in the round. You'd have a little bit of a seam to do at the end. Just be warned that the gauge might change a little in between those two areas.