PDA

View Full Version : Help - Question on Quickie Baby Sweater Pattern

Momof4Greys
02-16-2007, 01:31 PM
OK, I'm not sure how to do this so I'm asking the experts:

Row 9: K3, * K1, insert needle under next horizontal loop below (between sts) and knit this st. Repeat from * across, ending K4 (47 sts)

I tried to do what I thought it said and some how I dropped sts. I have no idea how to do this. Please explain.

Next Questions:

* Inc 1 st in st. (Does this mean knit into the front and back of the st for the increase?

If the pattern doesn't tell you which type if increase to do which is the
best increase st?

Quickie Baby Sweater (http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/Quickie_Baby_Sweater.pdf)

Cristy
02-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Increase however you like--I typically do M1 but that's just b/c it's easy. If you knit in the front and back of the stitch it'll leave a little "bar" in your knitting--that's why it's commonly called a "bar increase". I'd try M1 but that's just me...do whatever you feel comfortable with--if you don't like it, frog it and try again! :)

Momof4Greys
02-17-2007, 12:02 PM
I finished the Baby Sweater last night and it's just adorable. :hug: I can't believe I finished a project in one day. This was my first attempt at a sweater of any kind and I'm so proud of my little masterpiece. I just need to buy some buttons and sew them on and then I'll take a few pictures then mail it off to my new baby niece.

Thanks for answering my questions and helping out.