PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use meetup.com to meet knitters?

figaro
02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I just went to check it out and there are quite a few knitting groups that meet in my area. I think I am going to try one and see how it is. I was wondering if anyone here has ever gone to one themselves?

fairyknits
01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
:waah: I went to check out meetup.com and there was unfortnately nothing in a 50 mile radius of where I live

Darby
01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I have but it wasn't a good group. Only two people showed up and the meeting place really sucked.

scout52
01-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I used meetup and I met a great group of girls. we eventually moved off of meetup and went onto yahoogroups. I love love my group. We had a wonderful holiday gift exchange. It really has turned into a girlfriend group. We try to do dinner and a movie when everyone can get together.

grandmaknit
02-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I used meetup. A nice group of women of all ages. About 13 - 15 miles from my home. Meeting at Barnes & Noble bookstores and also at Greenwise (a publix supermarket chain) We meet once each week at alternative locations. They are very helpful. I really am glad that I joined them.

sgtpam
02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I joined one last month in Fort Worth, TX. I haven't gone yet but hope to in a few week for their February. I'll post after I get a chance to see how it is.

Marria
02-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I had never heard of that site. Thanks for the reference!

andiM
03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
I use meetup.com to organize my local group. I think it's awesome. We average about 12-18 people each week. Group members like it because the scheduling and email reminders are great. We're also able to organize our own photos and message via our own message board. There is no IM chat so we use Facebook for that. :knitting:

sgtpam
03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I joined one last month in Fort Worth, TX. I haven't gone yet but hope to in a few week for their February. I'll post after I get a chance to see how it is.

I forgot to update you...I did go last month and met some nice ladies. It's a good mix of ages and levels of expertise. It's at a LYS only about 20 minutes from home. They meet once a month and I'll be going again this week.:knitting:

I didn't have a knitting "group" to get together with...and now I do:happydance:

If you're on the North side of Fort Worth, it meets at the Knitting Nook on Watauga Rd...look up their website; they also have a group on Ravelry.

Let me know if you join up...I'm Sgt Pam there, too.