PDA

View Full Version : Heart broken + wool choice for Scarf Style Q(M.W. Moonlight)

redwitch
02-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi all

I have just had my heart broken and am feeling sorry for myself. I will not bore you with the pathetic details but I have decided that a splurge on some beautiful wool for Midwest Moonlight will cheer me up. I'll probably make this in something expensive, exquisite and soft - not to mention THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COLOUR - but I do not have current access to my copy of the book. I will have it back soon, in the meantime can anyone tell me what is the recommended yarn, the gauge, the finished size (inches fine as I can convert), and number of balls etc. so that I can start making arrangements to buy the wool (if I think I'll choose it - if it's nice and soft I probably will, e.g. baby cashmerino by Rowan/DB etc.) ASAP.

Any sad cliches along the lines of reinforcing the 'I'm SO WAY too good for him anyway!' thought process gratefully accepted. Longer comforting posts appreciated in theory, but less helpful in practice. Thanks anyway.

Sarah

Sue Madelin
02-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Sorry you've got a broken heart :pout:

He'll regret it in the end I'm sure - and look at it this way:-

You are now available for your real Mr Right to meet - instead of tied up with Mr Wrong :muah: :teehee:

Knitting therapy highly recommended! :teehee:

zkimom
02-17-2007, 09:48 AM
First off: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

And of course, he wasn't good enough for you. You deserve better!

Your heart will mend. I'm sorry that you hurt.

Here's the info I could find on your scarf:

Midwest Moonlight Scarf (http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_display.aspx?itemid=30529224)

Something like this might be nice:
Fleece Artist Kid Silk (http://littleknits.com/products.php?cat=337)

or this:

Artyarns Ultramerino 6 (http://www.artyarns.com/newsite/yarn_main.htm)

Hope this helps a little!

Best,
Susan

redwitch
02-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Thank you for saying that. I'm not sure he'll regret it but if he knew how wonderful I am he would. I have a hottie right now so that is cheering me up slightly. Yes, sad but comforting.

Yes as I e-mailed to my best friend just now, I am trying to console myself with the fact that my own Kiefer Sutherland is coming along next week. (I love you Kiefer :))

And in the meantime, yes I agree that knitting can cure all ills. Thank you. I am saving my most comforting project for when I go back to uni but I bought the needles today and sharpened them to perfection. Until then I shall just squeeze the wool amd breathe heavily over the future project. Thanks.

Sarah

Stiney
02-17-2007, 11:54 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Boys are stupid! Throw rocks at them!

(No offense to the boy-knitters. You guys are all right; you get it. ;))

suzeeq
02-17-2007, 12:19 PM
I just happen to have the book here before returning it to the library....

Finished size: 10" x 60" after blocking

Green mountain Spinnery Cotton comfort (80% wool, 20% organic cotton; 180 yds/2oz) - 3 skeins

Needle size 6 Gauge: 21sts/32 rows = 4" in garter st

Sounds like a DK yarn and I think Knit picks Elegance (alpaca/silk), Debbie Bliss' alpaca/silk or a similar blend would be yummy in it!

And yeah, he didn't deserve you...

sue

redwitch
02-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Thank you, I can get some of the Debbie Bliss range here in New Zealand so have asked that seller what she has in the gauge range. Something really soft should do the job. I'm thinking Baby Cashmerino. Thanks all.

Sarah