PDA

View Full Version : Frogged n frustrated...

niffer
02-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Excuse the :!!!: but I need to let off a bit of steam before I throw my needles at the cat!
I started the second sleeve of my baby sweater over a week ago.
I did the ribbing rows fine, the completely boobooed on the increase row when I totally lost the ability to count to 5!
I frogged that row, and tried to do it again, I k, p, k the first 3 stitches then went to go for the increase, only to find that when I had done it previously then frogged it, the loop from the row below has become quite loose and I think its gonna look awful.

Since last week I've picked it up on several occasions and not managed to get past those first three stitches.

I have now banned myself from knitting anything else until I have done this increase row but I'm terrified that I'll have to rip out the whole thing and start again. It's not very big, but its all ribbing and I'm not so good at that - this is my best attempt so far.

I also just found another mistake in my baby shawl that I dunno how to recover from - its where I dropped a stitch, then went back down to fix it, it looks like three stitches are all balanced on the one stitch now - :hair: :hair: :hair:

I think I need to have a mistake fixing session before I can get on with any serious knitting :verysad:

Thanks for letting me vent. You have saved an innocent kitty from having to dodge flying knitting missiles!

Lieke
02-18-2007, 05:02 AM
:hug: Just put everything away and try doing something else. When you get back to it, you won't be that frustrated anymore and you'll see things will go better. Hope this works for you :hug:

Aquaria
02-18-2007, 05:14 AM
:hug: Just put everything away and try doing something else. When you get back to it, you won't be that frustrated anymore and you'll see things will go better. Hope this works for you :hug:

I agree :hug:
Just try to relax and do some other things, when you feel like ready, take a deep breath, and you'll be knitting fine! :wink: I know you can do it! :thumbsup:

And don't forget-- there are also lots of people here to help ya! :thumbsup:

Deeknit
02-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Ma'am, just put down the needles and nobody get's hurt....

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Ribbing Rage!!!!

Dee Dee

Knitting_Guy
02-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Deep breath, take a break, and by all means don't harm the kitty.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/amc0203l.jpg

Cristy
02-18-2007, 11:23 AM
cute cartoon Mason!

I agree--just try something different and then come back to it in a few days--I have two projects like that--one of which I've been working on for months b/c I put it aside a few times. It doesn't have a "deadline" so I can do that...

redwitch
02-19-2007, 07:29 AM
If up till now you have done it right may I suggest putting in a lifeline? Then put it aside, come back to it later knowing that if you bugger it up you can just unravel to the lifeline and put it back no muss no fuss!
Sarah