View Full Version : Brea Bag--Finally FO

02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Well here she finally is!

As I mentioned over in the Gen forum, I'm disappointed with the blocking process. Also it's a bummer that the bag didn't keep its funky shape. But I've finally lined the bag--which was a bear! my sewing skills are...um....well, I don't have any :teehee:

--and attached a button and button-loop.

Maybe if I get better with sewing and lining things I'll redo it and add pockets for my wallet, phone, etc. Oh yes, I also tried to put in a bag bottom with some interfacing. It was a total PITA and I ended up not liking it, so I ripped it out. I'm finding the bag to hold its shape fine as is...

I ended up finding some canvas handles and attached them, but I'm not happy with them. I think they're too long...so I'll keep on the lookout for an appropriate handle. In the meantime, I have a date tonight and this baby is coming with me! :cheering:

The handle will really bother me because I like things "just so"...but I'm pleased overall. I'm pretty sure this is the first thing I've actually knit for myself (aside from a scarf set that I dont' wear)! :happydance:

nadja la claire
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
It looks great! :cheering:

02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Great bag, it looks wonderful!

02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Well ladies (and any gentlemen) I just got myself stood up! I sat in a totally dead bar for long enough to have a beer...with about 4 other customers....looking pathetic and so clearly waiting for for someone, and then I left. At least my bag looked hot! :rofl:

That's the last time my buddy sets me up though :wall: .

02-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Cool bag! The lining looks fantastic with the yarn color.

02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Cool bag! The lining looks fantastic with the yarn color.

Thank you! I'm really happy with how the colors compliment each other. Color stuff is not my strong suit!

02-19-2007, 08:51 AM
:cheering: I love it! Thanks for posting the photos.

Sorry you got stood up. :hug:

02-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Very nice. Looks complicated. You did a great job on it.

02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
It's beautiful, I love the color of the lining!

As for getting stood up... :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: