PDA

View Full Version : Where did all this yarn come from?

JoeE
02-19-2007, 11:34 AM
My significant other instructed me to do something with the pile of yarn in the guest room. I thought it was an overreaction, because there were only a few skeins in there...

How in the world did I get an entire Rubbermaid tub (the big one) filled with yarn? I've only been knitting for a few months, and I thought I only bought yarn when I knew what I was going to use it for. Technically that's true, but I now have enough yarn to knit 10-12 pairs of socks. Since each pair takes me about 12 or so hours to knit, I'll have projects well into the future. I also have enough yarn for 3 hats. Then there is the yarn I bought because it's pretty and the el-cheapo yarn I use to try out new things with (which shouldn't count because it gets re-used until it's too ratty to work with any longer).

I do have some really nice sock yarn in my stash, so it was fun to look at it all while I loaded up the tub. I can't wait to make some garish socks from some of it. I tend to avoid bright colors, but I decided if I was going to knit them, people were going to notice.

Hopefully my knitting needle collection won't be discovered. I believe I have them hidden in a safe place.

zkimom
02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
You just can't leave the stuff alone, you know!

When your back is turned . . . just like rabbits!

:teehee:

nadja la claire
02-19-2007, 11:43 AM

Yes, yarn breeds don't you know. Well that's the argument I've tried to use. My DH laughs and tells me to get it some birth control. :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

AnreeAce
02-19-2007, 12:12 PM
My DH laughs and tells me to get it some birth control. :teehee:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

My stash multiplied on me recently too... affectionate little darlings, aren't they? :rofl:

Stiney
02-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Yes, yarn breeds don't you know. Well that's the argument I've tried to use. My DH laughs and tells me to get it some birth control. :teehee:

Nadja xxx

The YarnPope frowns on birth control. It is against the commands of the Knitting Goddess.

Yarnmen.

iza
02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
The YarnPope frowns on birth control. It is against the commands of the Knitting Goddess.

Yarnmen.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

aylaanne
02-19-2007, 02:43 PM

Nadja xxx

Yarnmen.

Oh my goodness I'm dying! That's so funny!!!
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brokenblossoms
02-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Threads like this are why I love this forum!

Are you sure your stash isn't 100% angora? ;)

losnana
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Threads like this are why I love this forum!

Are you sure your stash isn't 100% angora? ;)

Me too!!!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :rofl: :rofl: :roflhard: :roflhard:

ArtLady1981
02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi JoeE:
Sounds like you might benefit by joining us StashBusting yarnoholics, who are on a mission to de-stash! Our thread is called The Year of the Stash, 2007! We developed a 12 step program :teehee:

Here they are!

Commandment #1: Organize the Stash!
Commandment #2: Visit with the Stash often! (cuz...out of sight...out of mind)
Commandment #3: Need a new project to knit? Visit Stash Bin before LYS.
Commandment #4: New Yarn purchases MUST BE used for the very next project!
Commandment #5: Choose a "Giftee", Stash Yarn, and Pattern for the yardage...in that order.
Commandment #6: Know Yourself. "If I sees it, I buys it". If this is you (!) then Stay Out of LYS & Yarn Aisles UNLESS you are shopping for an 'earned' New Yarn Reward Project.
Commandment #7: Stash Yarn may be exchanged for different yarn for FREE.
Commandment #8: New Yarn acquired with Gift Certificates or Store Credit are FREE.
Commandment #9: Cash gifts specified 'Yarn for You' are FREE.
Commandment #10: Previous Commitments are FREE. (eg: a class requires yarn purchase)
Commandment #11: WIPs/OTNs are Stash Yarn until they are done! Completed WIPs/OTNs earn Reward!
Commandment #12: Frogged yarn re-knit into something new earns DOUBLE CREDIT! Double Reward!

Anyhoo, would be happy to take you into the fold! :teehee:

Click here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24933) to check us out!

aineepooh1
02-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Artlady~~ :teehee: :teehee:

Is it a good thing that we hav already established 12 principles to live by~~for YA~~ :doh: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

purlwise
02-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Only ONE rubbermaid container??? Somehow I ended up with FIVE!

Vendie
02-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm getting ready for a potential move, so I've been putting my yarn into storage bins. Very depressing activity, by the way. I have a large storage bin just for my sock yarn (all 10 miles of it :shifty: ). And you know what? I have absolutely no desire to destashify. I do, however, have desires to roll around in my yarn. :teehee:

ArtLady1981
02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
At last count: I have an 8'x4'x3' Home Depot standing closet filled with yarn; a 5' trunk/chest filled with yarn; 4 knitting boxes filled with yarn; and 2 large baskets filled with yarn; and finally, 4 big knitting bags filled with yarn. Hmmm, will Post again if I remember other stash locations! :teehee:

I don't want to de-stashify...I NEED TO DE-STASHIFY! :pout:

Stiney
02-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm getting ready for a potential move, so I've been putting my yarn into storage bins. Very depressing activity, by the way. I have a large storage bin just for my sock yarn (all 10 miles of it :shifty: ). And you know what? I have absolutely no desire to destashify. I do, however, have desires to roll around in my yarn. :teehee:

Make sure you put the tupperwares all over the house and not all next to each other, so Yay doesn't realize how many tupperwares you filled with yarn.

:shifty:

Oh, also, you might need to do some creative packing.

snowbear
02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Just trying to be helpful here.. if anyone needs to get rid of their extra stash.. would be happy to provide addy & pay for s& h... no prob.. would be happy to do it to help out my knitty friends... :teehee:

Vendie
02-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Make sure you put the tupperwares all over the house and not all next to each other, so Yay doesn't realize how many tupperwares you filled with yarn.

:shifty:

Oh, also, you might need to do some creative packing.

oh yeah, he already knows how much yarn I have. If he gives me the look, I just remind him how many hours he spends playing WoW everyday. Everyday. :neutral:

carmabelle1191
02-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Nadja xxx
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: