PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen scrubber material?

pro55timing
02-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I posted this request on another forum board and thought it may be more suitable on this board.

My mother used to make some kitchen scrubbers using a nylon-type netting material. My mother has passed on and I recently took up knitting and would like to make some of these scrubbers because they're absolutely the best srubbers ever made. I only have one left and I've looked everywhere for this nylon-type netting material she used. Has anyone ever made such an item and where did you get your supply for this item? (This could possibly be a crocheted project, as well, since she knitted and crocheted.)

Any information or suggestions for these scrubbers would be most appreciated.

dustinac
02-19-2007, 06:09 PM
:shrug: I found this pattern but I'm not sure if it's what you had in mind or not..

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/nylpot.html

pattieroc
02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
hi, try buying nylon netting at a fabric store, the patterns I see cut the nylon netting into 2 inch strips, tie them together to make a ball and then crochet them..hope this helps

pro55timing
02-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks so much for both responses..........now I'm excited.....because I now have a pattern, as well!!! I can't wait to get started on these!!!