PDA

View Full Version : OT: Britney Shears

PinkRoses
02-19-2007, 11:07 PM
:hair:

nikkibeans
02-19-2007, 11:25 PM
lmao! :roflhard: No kidding! I can't believe she shaved her head!

PinkRoses
02-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I feel bad for her two children. It's really sad when a child has a really messed up parent.

nikkibeans
02-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I know, but what can you do? You can't pick your parents. Good thing she has all that money so she can pay for a live-in therapist for her kids.

So many people suck at being parents. You don't need a license to parent a child, but you need one to own a dog. does that make any sense at all?

nikkibeans
02-19-2007, 11:43 PM
though don't get me wrong. For every bad parent out there, there are lots more that are good parents, or those that try their hardest. No one's perfect.

It's just more noticible because those poor kids are in the media

PinkRoses
02-19-2007, 11:43 PM
It's too bad that there are so many people that are in the spotlight while they just melt in front of everyone. Where are the hero's? Who can todays kids look up to? We need to focus more on those people that are making positive strides.

auburnchick
02-20-2007, 12:21 AM
I think she is a very confused girl. She wanted children, but is now experiencing the freedom that she's missed out on the last couple of years.

She'll get her act together.

Not that I'm a fan...just optimistic and thinking like a mom.

redwitch
02-20-2007, 06:09 AM
You feel really bad for her kids that she shaved her head? She looks good actually, you have to have the right-shaped head to pull that off too.
And the no knickers-pictures, seriously, I don't always wear knickers, even wearing a skirt (of course I'm careful not to show my bits then)! I reckon good on her for managing not to care too much about the photographers. I don't think it messes one up to have a mum with a shaved head, or to hear that there was a night she didn't wear knickers! It would take a lot of courage for me to shave my head actually.

Sarah

CarmenIbanez
02-20-2007, 06:10 AM
I have no sympathy for someone with the potention to have ANYTHING they want, and they can't keep it together. Meh!

nikkibeans
02-20-2007, 07:39 AM
no, i don't think that her shaving her head will affect the kids, i feel bad for them because she's spending too much time partying, and has numerous issues. Like Carmen said, I have no sympathy for someone with the potention to have ANYTHING they want, and they can't keep it together. Meh!

mrs desert rain
02-20-2007, 08:10 AM
i don't know for sure, but i imagine i'd go pretty nuts if my every move/mistake was captured on film, with paparazzi snapping shots of me entering starbucks, exiting starbucks, buying tampons, shopping, driving, drinking with friends, juggling babies on a city street, exiting a car in a skirt, etc.

i might shave my head, too.

that being said, i simply can't understand why she doesn't just go into hiding for a while, record an album, and get her career together.

hellokitty165
02-20-2007, 09:16 AM
i don't know for sure, but i imagine i'd go pretty nuts if my every move/mistake was captured on film, with paparazzi snapping shots of me entering starbucks, exiting starbucks, buying tampons, shopping, driving, drinking with friends, juggling babies on a city street, exiting a car in a skirt, etc.

that being said, i simply can't understand why she doesn't just go into hiding for a while, record an album, and get her career together.

not only drive people shave their head but they could end their lives too !
it sad sometime how our society is ...

DoulaLyndsey
02-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm definitely not a fan of hers and think she has made too many stupid decisions, but I really feel sorry for her. I have to wonder if she is suffering from postpartum depression and maybe that explains her crazy actions lately. Having been through PPD myself, I know how awful it is if you don't treat it and how it consumes your life. I just hope that if that's what it is, she gets the help she needs before it's too late :verysad: .

Silver
02-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm so tired of Brit Brit.
http://img172.echo.cx/img172/1552/sc0656ah.gif

jmp3775
02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I dont feel bad for her kids that she shaved her head- its what shaving her head represents. This is a girl who is seriously on the verge of a breakdown.

Kaydee
02-20-2007, 10:04 AM

But on the other hand, there are lots of celebs that have to deal with the same things everyday, and don't deal with it the way she has. I'm sure having people following your every move would drive you crazy, but now days its something that you have to except is going to be part of your life if you choose to be a public figure. I do feel bad for though that she just can't seem to get her life together...and I agree, she really should just go into hiding for a while and try to get her life together but it seems like she cares more about partying right now.

Cristy
02-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I think she's a good example of what happens when you throw a child into an adult's world and expect them to make adult decisions. They do a lot of adult things before they are really able to understand the magnitude of what they are doing and that some decisions are decisions for life. Making mistakes isn't really a big deal, it's the fact that you have to live with some of them forever thats the kicker...just my two cents worth...

KnittyKitty
02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
I actually wondered if she was sick or something - if she got some sort of bad news medically. Either way, she needs to get out of the spotlight instead of constantly craving it - go home and at least try to be a mother to her kids. She actually makes K-Fed look good.

*Shrug*

jodstr2
02-20-2007, 12:29 PM
on one hand I feel sorry for her because *my* monthly (ok I admit it, more like, daily :)) meltdowns are not caught on camera and broadcast over t3hint4rw3b. that alone would make me meltdown even more often.

but on the other hand, she chose her fame and her life. she set herself up for this.

she's a total train wreck in progress. here at work we call her Anna Nicole Junior. that's mean, I know. when she first kicked FedEx out, we were rooting for her. but the partying with Paris and partying every night while trying to fight for custody - how dumb can she be?

but she does have a nice shaped head. not many people can carry off bald like that.

CarmenIbanez
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
I think she's a good example of what happens when you throw a child into an adult's world and expect them to make adult decisions. They do a lot of adult things before they are really able to understand the magnitude of what they are doing and that some decisions are decisions for life. Making mistakes isn't really a big deal, it's the fact that you have to live with some of them forever thats the kicker...just my two cents worth...

That is an excellent point, and in that regard, I blame her mother. A lot of kids who become celebrities are pushed into it by parents who want to take advantage. I used to be really mad at my mom because I had an opportunity to go to into olympic training for gymnastics when I was 10. I harbored a lot of resentment for a long time, but now that I am older, and I see what has happened to the sport and what it does to little girls, I am so grateful that she risked having me hate her to do what she thought was best for me. That is what is lacking in a lot of parents these days! They don't want their kids to be mad at them.

brendajos
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
t3hint4rw3b.

Okay I have tried but I can't decipher it. I see tehintarweb and i THINK it says the interweb but i am not positive. :thinking:

cookworm
02-20-2007, 01:41 PM
I think she is a very confused girl. She wanted children, but is now experiencing the freedom that she's missed out on the last couple of years. She'll get her act together.

I agree 100% Nathalie. Plus, she's very young, and she's got limited life experience.

carmabelle1191
02-20-2007, 01:43 PM
:hair:
:roflhard: :rofl: :teehee: :thud: :lol:

mulene
02-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Hrm not to be rude or anything but what exactly does shaving your hair represent?

I've spent part of today reading an article in a paper about the psychology behind women shaving their hair. Unfortunately I call "bs" on a lot of that since I am a woman who has shaved her hair. OK so today it isn't shaved, and I only grew it the last few years. My shaving my head wasn't me having a break down or any of the psychological reasons quoted in the news article.

For me it was about empowerment, and cocking a snook at the world. I look great with shorn hair, not everyone can get away with it. I know I look great with shorn hair, I have huge eyes and shorn hair makes them stand out even more. Sinead O'Conner had shaved hair and gorgeous eyes too.

Shaving my head wasn't a repressed cry for help or an outward show of my sexuality (I am heterosexual).

She is a gorgeous young woman, who is sick to death of cameras in her face the whole time. Her entire life is under a microscope. I am not a fan of hers I have to say, but it reminds me a lot of Princess Diana, another successful beautiful woman who was consistently hounded by the paparazzi, with her life under a microscope.

If people didn't constantly crave for 'celebrity news' magazines like Hello and the like would not have the massive circulations that they do.

I am not saying that she is blameless (in the same way Princess Diana was not blameless - she courted the media and when the dogs of the press turned on her she couldn't handle them), but I don't think shaving her head represents much other than a woman saying "FU I'm gonna do what I like when I like and I don't care what you think"

I think she is likely having a rough time, it must be pretty lonely living in a world surrounded by sycophantic employees and very few real friends. She is still very young - more power to her I say.

jodstr2
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
t3hint4rw3b.

Okay I have tried but I can't decipher it. I see tehintarweb and i THINK it says the interweb but i am not positive. :thinking:

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: we have a winner! "the interweb."

auburnchick
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I think she is a very confused girl. She wanted children, but is now experiencing the freedom that she's missed out on the last couple of years. She'll get her act together.

I agree 100% Nathalie. Plus, she's very young, and she's got limited life experience.

Hmmm...

I had my first child when I was 21 (was married and planned this child). Second child came 2.4 years later. I quickly matured...but then again I didn't spend my life in front of cameras.

I think this is just an attempt to show the world that she's gonna do what she wants to do. That's what all of it is about.

Plus, she's GOT to know that she's going to get attention from it. She's craving attention.

I feel really, really sad for lost people like her.

Snugglebugmom
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm starting to think she can no longer be held responsible for her actions. She needs to be taken to a mental institution to rest, heal and get well again. This is really getting crazy. It was funny at first, then it got annoying, and now there is something so pathetic and lost about her that it makes me want to cry. She needs help, and quickly.

auburnchick
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm starting to think she can no longer be held responsible for her actions. She needs to be taken to a mental institution to rest, heal and get well again. This is really getting crazy. It was funny at first, then it got annoying, and now there is something so pathetic and lost about her that it makes me want to cry. She needs help, and quickly.

Didn't she already do "rehab"??

She could probably use some counseling. But until she decides to be different, all of the counseling in the world is not going to help.

She's sowing her wild oats.

She better be careful, though. Kevin will get the children if she doesn't rein herself in soon. And that might not be such a bad thing. An eye-opener. :pout:

Snugglebugmom
02-20-2007, 02:18 PM
She checked herself into rehab but she left less than 24 hours later. I believe that was the same day that she ended up shaving her head and getting two new tattoos.

iza
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
I think we are all surprised about the head-shaving thing because nobody imagined her "that way". I personally don't think it's pathetic to shave your head and have tattoos, I find it actually looks really cool. It could be what she really wants to do, or it can be a cry for help. It all depends on why she is doing it. I think it's pretty useless to try to do a big psychological analysis of why she did this... in the end, nobody knows who she really is and what is really going on. And I would tend to say... who cares??? I don't really understand this fascination for a person who's job is to sing or play football... :shrug: She might have problems (or not), but if we look around us, there might be people with more serious problems, and we're here focussing on why Britney Spears shaved her head... In the end, I think we are pathetic (I do include myself in this) :shrug: I'm sorry if I sound depressing! :teehee:

Louine
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
What she needs is a little privacy.....it is hard to go through any emotionally trying situation when every one knows part of what is going on......and I do emphasis part......no one can know what is going on behind closed doors but there needs to be more closed doors so she can get it together without every one watching and editorializing every action and move she makes.
I personally don't know why anyone wants to live in a fish bowl where any and every one can offer opinions about what is going on....me, I want to mind my own business, knit, relax and not have to take on the world.

Carol_OH
02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
anyone watch my hero, Craig Ferguson, last night? If you did, you can see why he's my hero! :hug:

sittenknitten
02-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Apparently she's checked herself into rehab again following her weekend spree. It's a sad situation: another talented young performer knocked sideways by the stress of public life. At least she's still alive, unlike others who end up dead. (Elvis, John Belushi, Freddie Prinz...)

Hair grows back, but I do hope she likes the new tatoo.

madametj
02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
i heard about this on Sunday. all i could say was "Oops! she did it again..." (please excuse the corniness). Its just one of the many was shes just telling everyone "LOOK AT ME!!!!" just like when she dyed her hair jet black, just like when she wore the see-through cat suit....

all i can say is, this woman has kids for goodness sake! she needs to just let her hair grow out, and grow up along with it.

(even better: get a WIG!)

auburnchick
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM
i heard about this on Sunday. all i could say was "Oops! she did it again..." (please excuse the corniness). Its just one of the many was shes just telling everyone "LOOK AT ME!!!!" just like when she dyes her hair jet black, just like when she wore the see-through cat suit....

all i can say is, this woman has kids for goodness sake! she needs to just let her hair grow out, and grow up along with it.

:roflhard:

What a card you are!!

As far as calling her a woman, that is something she is NOT. She is a child in a woman's body.

madametj
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
i heard about this on Sunday. all i could say was "Oops! she did it again..." (please excuse the corniness). Its just one of the many was shes just telling everyone "LOOK AT ME!!!!" just like when she dyes her hair jet black, just like when she wore the see-through cat suit....

:roflhard:

What a card you are!!

As far as calling her a woman, that is something she is NOT. She is a child in a woman's body.

definetly agree to that 1! :rofl:

♪Not a giiirl.......♪

I'm tempted to leave it there, but lets just says she's certainly still

♪.....Not yet a woman.♪

brendajos
02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Here's the Craig Ferguson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbaRyDLMvA)monologue. It is definitely worth 12.5 minutes of your time!

cheesiesmom
02-21-2007, 09:25 PM
I heard one psychologist/psychiatrist call her problem, acquired situational narcissim. Isn't that just code for get over yourself, grow up and take care of the children you decided to bring into this world? Whose looking after the two babies while she's "melting down?" Gimme a break. I'm so over hearing about her "problems." There are so many people who have real problems and don't have the cash she does to buy her way through it. Sorry, but I'm not sympathetic (except for the children) and I really wish the media would let it go.

Don't bother me!! I have ASN and may have to shave my head.

Learn to deal Girl!!!