PDA

View Full Version : OT - Bad, bad week

meearnol
02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi all. This is so completely off topic that it's ridiculous, but here goes. I've had a bad week. Super bad. Lots of things have happened, like my grandmother going BACK into the hospital after her recent surgery to remove a (thankfully) non-cancerous tumor. On V-day my car got hit by a salt truck owned by my apartment complex, and the complex manager is being a total meany about it. Those are the big ones. Anyway, Friday night, I had a total melt down and called DBF hysterical. He calmed me down, got my sisters to my house to take care of me, and then broke up with me on Sunday.

Guys, I need a little love right now. Normally knitting makes me feel better, but even that isn't cutting it.

Sorry for being so random and whiny. :crying:

syndactylus
02-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry.

how about a hedgehog?

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/coreimages/digital+art/70177_8783_by_tburgey.jpg

feel better!

KathyinCali
02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm very sorry you are having a rough time of it. I hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug:

OMG is that a real hedgehog?

Birdy
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry. :( :( :(

[that is one cute lil hedgehog!]

Stiney
02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
:hug:

I'm sorry!

I think your exbf should be pushed into a lava pit!

CarmenIbanez
02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
OMG. That totally sucks and its so unfair!

But we :heart: you!

letah75
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
:!!!: Bad ex bf, bad ex bf. I don't like him!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Webigail
02-20-2007, 08:10 PM
:muah:

I'm sending you cyber hugs and I know that there will be some wonderful blessings that more than make up for your frustration.

Hugs

janelanespaintbrush
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Jan in CA
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Awwww I'm so sorry you feel bad. That was an awful thing for the bf to do!!

:heart: :hug: :heart:

meearnol
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks everyone. Sometimes a girl just needs to hear those things.

You guys rock.

imported_Knitty_Kat
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry things have been so sucky lately. How is your grandmother doing now? And what your bf did was suckimus maximus. So, in hopes of cheering you up, here are some pictures.

http://www.theascendingpath.com/images/lama.jpg
A cute Llama.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1717341/2/istockphoto_1717341_lollipops.jpg
Some yummy lollipops.

http://www.planetunreal.com/expectations/pwned.jpg
And children trying to solve an ages-old mystery.

:hug: Things will get better soon. They always do.

redwitch
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Fecken bastard boyfriend! I got 'dumped' a week ago too! It was a casual physical thing with no obligations so not really dumped, but he told me he was seeing someone and I had hoped that when he was ready to date someone it would be me! Cause I am really great! Really! And I see him every day and pretend I'm not heartbroken.
Sorry about all the other stuff. Seriously. I can't even try to cheer you up on that.
But with the boy, I found something that kept me from being hugely upset and always near tears - I told myself that since there is no way his new bit can be as cool as me, one day he'll get sick of her manipulating him with sex and guilt and being a bitch like so many women do, and few relationships last forever, chances are he won't be with her forever. And one day he'll think 'God I wish she was more like Sarah, things were so uncomplicated with her, Sarah is way cooler and smarter etc.' and one day they'll break up and he'll want me then. Since I told myself that will happen I have been sad but not upset, not about to cry, it is really keeping me happy! I know it's unlikely to happen, but deluding myself that it will really has totally cheered me up!

Maybe try something similar about the boy? But how great of you to consider the other stuff the BIG stuff, and his breakup a lesser upset (that's the impression I get from your post). A guy like that who would treat you that way is totally not good enough for you, this frees you up to meet someone better, a guy who would never treat someone like s***. (probably more handsome and rich as well)

Best love to your gran, so happy it is non-malignant! And it sounds like the truck was totally at fault, I can't imagine how they could possibly not be required by law to recompense you. Despite the posturing, if you stick with it you will totally get your car fixed! He's probably hoping you will give up straight away, but you are too smart for that.

Lots more to say but this post is already too long so just remember that you are way better than both of those bastards!

Sarah

meearnol
02-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Sarah and Kat, much thanks. I'm totally reveling in my newly-remembered awesomeness, and feeling very bad for my now ex-bf, who will be missing out. Things with the car will get better, and Nana is in good spirits, which is half the battle.

And somehow, a picture of a llama always makes things better.

Cristy
02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
sorry about your bad days...hang in there--when you're at the end of the rope all you can do is climb up! :)

mwedzi
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, that really was a bad week! Dang. I don't know what to say, except that Cute Overload is exceptionally cute this week, and you'll have to smile when you see it. http://www.cuteoverload.com

Oh, and this: :hug:

iza
02-20-2007, 10:55 PM
:hug: poor you, hang in there. Somehow all the bad stuff happens at the same time, doesn't it? I recommend an intensive treatment of cute overload http://www.cuteoverload.com and daily puppy http://www.dailypuppy.com

sig
02-21-2007, 09:51 AM
:muah: :hug:

hellokitty165
02-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi all. This is so completely off topic that it's ridiculous, but here goes. I've had a bad week. Super bad. Lots of things have happened, like my grandmother going BACK into the hospital after her recent surgery to remove a (thankfully) non-cancerous tumor. On V-day my car got hit by a salt truck owned by my apartment complex, and the complex manager is being a total meany about it. Those are the big ones. Anyway, Friday night, I had a total melt down and called DBF hysterical. He calmed me down, got my sisters to my house to take care of me, and then broke up with me on Sunday.

Guys, I need a little love right now. Normally knitting makes me feel better, but even that isn't cutting it.

Sorry for being so random and whiny. :crying:

sorrie that you got to go thru so much ... there is another door open for you when one is closed... pull yourself together ...do not forget you got your knitting circle here to help you out... my best wishes to you :heart:

niffer
02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Men! Tut! HMPH!!! Men!

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you, things have been bad for you, but they'll turn around soon.

Til then, eat chocolate :teehee:

msoebel
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Oh, what a crappy, cruddy week! :pout:

Fortunately, it's over! :happydance:

I had a boyfriend once wait to break up with me because he knew I was having a bad week. So, instead, he cheated on me for 2 weeks because he didn't want to contribute to that bad week.

Guys can be such idiots. :doh: Just remember, you are awesome, and he is too stupid to know it.

Misty

iza
02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I had a boyfriend once wait to break up with me because he knew I was having a bad week. So, instead, he cheated on me for 2 weeks because he didn't want to contribute to that bad week. :roll: wow... this is unbelievably stupid.

msoebel
02-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah...if he wasn't so unbelievably gorgeous and charming I wouldn't have dated him as long as I did. I swear, all my self-respect and dignity went out the window when I looked into his big blue eyes. :oops: That was one sexy man.

Of course, he was also a complete baboon's butt...

Misty

iza
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself, girl, we all did that mistake. :teehee:

Ronda
02-21-2007, 01:04 PM
:hug: :hug: