PDA

View Full Version : I'm pathetic

letah75
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I have an hour dinner break tonight (working 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) and I went to the LYS and bought needles and yarn so I can knit a facecloth. I bought yarn I already have, and needles I already have so I could knit for 30 minutes, what is left of my dinner break.

Did I think about food, NO, so I will be sitting here hungrey, but knitting, on needle size I have 4 of, with yarn I don't need, because apparently my skills at planning are about kindergarden level! Sigh

ReneeKnits
02-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I've done the same thing...I sort of panic if I am without my knitting!

snowbear
02-20-2007, 10:10 PM
ok... you never can have enough yarn... this way you have spare needles for emergency stash for next time.. so there is no problem....

(ask me anything I can come up with justification for it.. lol)

:hug:

Cristy
02-20-2007, 10:26 PM
as most will tell you, there is no such thing as too much yarn--even if it's all of the same kind. As for the needles...don't even ask me how many pairs of size 10 I have--I swear bought 200 sets of size 10 and 8 when I first started knitting--it was the only sizes I used a lot and I kept wanting to try new brands of needles...so I just kept buying the same size...lol!

auburnchick
02-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I have an hour dinner break tonight (working 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) and I went to the LYS and bought needles and yarn so I can knit a facecloth. I bought yarn I already have, and needles I already have so I could knit for 30 minutes, what is left of my dinner break.

Did I think about food, NO, so I will be sitting here hungrey, but knitting, on needle size I have 4 of, with yarn I don't need, because apparently my skills at planning are about kindergarden level! Sigh

Just gnaw on the ends of your needles if you get hungry. :teehee:

letah75
02-21-2007, 12:40 AM

:roflhard: :roflhard:

suzeeq
02-21-2007, 12:54 AM

Especially if they're bamboo.... Doesn't that count as a food source? Lots of pandas thrive on it!

sue

aineepooh1
02-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Next time~ make a list of yarn that you would like from your LYS.. that way if you get in stash exploration mode... you have alist of yarn that you want and need.
I can't fuss at you though.. because many time retail therapy is just what the doctor ordered... I know many times I go to HL or Michaels or Joannns and just look around and let my mind wander... and my bad day just floats away~~ :teehee:

five_six
02-21-2007, 04:12 AM
i was just about to leave this thread, when i had to hit back and just say....

Oh my Lord - the mark of the devil... aineepooh1's posts have hit 666. That might have changed by the time anyone else reads this, but i saw it!

AmandaC
02-21-2007, 09:20 AM
i was just about to leave this thread, when i had to hit back and just say....

Oh my Lord - the mark of the devil... aineepooh1's posts have hit 666. That might have changed by the time anyone else reads this, but i saw it!

I saw it too !!!!!! :teehee:

aineepooh1
02-22-2007, 04:20 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :doh: :roflhard: