PDA

View Full Version : OT: "The Knitting Circle"

Stonington
02-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Good Afternoon,
I saw this book at Borders over the weekend: The Knitting Circle: A Novel
by Ann Hood. There was a wonderful employee recommendation inside it. Has anyone read this yet? Sounds good.

Thanks,
anne

aprildavis99
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Not yet. But I am so looking forward to it. I also heard that Friday Night Knitting Club is another good one. I have both of them on my "please, please, please" list for my DH. :teehee:

Cristy
02-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I haven't read "The Knitting Circle" but I just bought "Friday Night Knitting Club" over the weekend and plan to start it today since the yarn I planned to use for my KAl is the WRONG WEIGHT (duh!)...I guess I'll have to read to occupy myself (like I have nothing to do w/ a newborn at home...) until I can pick up the correct yarn for my KAL.

auburnchick
02-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Good Afternoon,
by Ann Hood. There was a wonderful employee recommendation inside it. Has anyone read this yet? Sounds good.

Thanks,
anne

There was a good write-up about it in a magazine I read recently.

jc4shrx
02-22-2007, 01:45 AM
I just read a book calledKnitting Under the Influence. It was a good one.

efsaturn
02-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I just got an email from my LYS and the author of The Knitting Circle will be there tomorrow for tea, reading from the book, q&A and book signing.

I don't know if I will be able to make it.

Seattle area villageyarnandtea.com if anyone is local to Shoreline

nadja la claire
02-23-2007, 06:23 PM
They have to put these books on tape because I just can't read and knit at the same time.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

efsaturn
02-23-2007, 08:08 PM
So true! So true!

ChristinaKnits
02-23-2007, 11:30 PM
They have to put these books on tape because I just can't read and knit at the same time.

Nadja xxx

OMG, wouldn't that be heaven? knitting and listening to a knitting novel, and drinking tea, mmmmmm.

Stonington
02-24-2007, 10:42 AM

Nadja xxx

OMG, wouldn't that be heaven? knitting and listening to a knitting novel, and drinking tea, mmmmmm.

Books on CD are great! They save me on my commute to and from work. I listen to more books than I read at this point. Check with your library they may have or be able to get your favorite knitting fiction for you. :cheering:
anne

Yarn Doc
02-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I read it - it's worth reading, I think. I give it 3 out of 4 knitting needles. IMHO, MUCH better than Friday PM Knitting Club, which read like it was written to become a movie. They talk about Julia Roberts in the first couple chapters...

carmabelle1191
02-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I haven't read The Knitting Circle yet, but I have read a book called The Shop on Blossom Street that a lady from my church lent me. There is also a sequel, called A Good Yarn. I'd give it 4 needles out of 4. :happydance:

Stonington
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Good Afternoon,

Thanks,
anne

I just wanted to update everyone - I finished the book last night and really enjoyed it! Recommend it most definitely. :cheering:

anne

auburnchick
03-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Good Afternoon,

Thanks,
anne

I just wanted to update everyone - I finished the book last night and really enjoyed it! Recommend it most definitely. :cheering:

anne

Oh, come on...just pass the book along over here. ;)

Stonington
03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Good Afternoon,

Thanks,
anne

anne

Oh, come on...just pass the book along over here. ;)

We should do it! :cheering: A book share! I just let a friend take it but she is a quick read. :star:
anne