PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb?

puppyluv
02-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I am considering the purchase of LL Lion & Lamb, and was wondering if anyone had opinions on it:
1. Does it hold up to (light) wear?
2. Is it, generally speaking, worth the money?
3. Do you know of any less expensive alternatives which are comparable? I like the shine. Is it soft? Unfortunately, I can't find it in my LYS.

I do believe you get what you pay for, so if this yarn is worth it, I'd like to know that too. I love the colorways and the gauge looks to be spot on for the scarf I have in mind.

I am not asking anyone to do research for me, just wondering if you've worked with it and are willing to share your experience :muah:

knit-errant
02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I haven't used LL Lion & Lamb yet, but I'd love to. Unfortunately, it's a little too expensive for my (well, my husband's) taste. About all he'll let me do it pet it while I'm shopping. :pout:

One of the ladies at my LYS suggested Classic Elite Miracle as an alternative. It's a tencel-alpaca blend and very soft; it's sheen is similar to Lion & Lamb's, and runs about $9/skein. However, I'm not sure if it has variegated colorways like L&L; my LYS only had solids.

Annyka
02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm interested in this as well. I'm considering doing the Bombshell sweater from Big Girl Knits, and it was done in Lion & Lamb -- but I can't justify a $300 sweater!!!