PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any "Heroes" fans out there?? POSSIBLE SPOILE

Cristy
02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I told dh we had threads on Grey's Anatomy and Lost on the forum and he was mortified that we didn't have one going about Heroes....

So I'm starting one...any fans out there??

kristinw
02-22-2007, 10:04 PM
OMG! I love the show!!! :happydance: The hour it is on flies by so fast!

misha rf
02-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Yup!! I :heart: Heroes!!

*KnitPixie*
02-22-2007, 10:06 PM
me too :teehee: I like heroes

SabrinaJL
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
I have not missed an episode. That's the one show me and my daughter watch together.

figaro
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
:waving: Another Hero's fan here, the show is addicting for me...oh heck who am I kidding! I am a solid of Heros, LOST, Grey's Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS...the list goes on!

XbelovedXoneX
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
My DH and I are obsessed with Heroes! We get so upset because it seems like there is more commercials than show, and then the hour is over with before we know it! :teehee:

auburnchick
02-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Our family eagerly sits down each Monday night to watch this show. We are HOOKED!

Julie
02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
My sister got me hooked -- she raved and raved about it so I watched the first 11 episodes on the Internet over the holidays. The only thing that surprised me was how gory/violent it is...I'm surprised that they can show some of the stuff on prime time TV. :shock:

I :heart: it though -- very cool premise, and I love it when new heroes are introduced, like the invisible guy. He cracked me up. :roflhard:

Cristy
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I agree about the gory stuff...like the lady this past episode that was the mechanic...I was suprised they gave a glimpse of what Syler did to her--that was yucky!

dh and I watch the show each week. I think some of the things that happen are predictable (like the identity of Claire's father or that Isaac would accidently shoot Simone).

SabrinaJL
02-23-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm getting a little tired of them introducing new characters just so Sylar can kill them. I really liked Charlie. :(

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-23-2007, 01:23 AM
does anyone know when the season finale will be on?
My DH wants to know (I don't watch the show... don't kill me... :hiding: )

Dangles
02-23-2007, 02:20 AM
I watch Heroes too. Mondays night are written off to the "set" ... with Heroes and 24 :happydance:

SandraEllen
02-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah. Heroes is great! It is the the show that LOST used to be...

Did anyone see the extended preview for next week's show? I caught it last night. It looks REALLY good!

auburnchick
02-23-2007, 12:04 PM
I watch Heroes too. Mondays night are written off to the "set" ... with Heroes and 24 :happydance:

Too bad they come on at the same time! We have to record the other show then watch it right after. Kids get to stay up late on Mondays. ;)

Silver
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't get it. I watched a few episodes and really didn't like it. I thought it was really...
stupid.
Please don't kill me!

SabrinaJL
02-23-2007, 12:45 PM
How dare you!! Are you crazy?!?!

Actually, I'll forgive you because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to knit socks. :roflhard:

I love the show but understand that not everybody likes the same thing. My mom loves Grey's Anatomy and was watching it last night. I had to leave the room cause it was sooooo lame and boring. Desperate Housewives is another one I don't get.

letah75
02-23-2007, 01:09 PM
I love Heroes, and Hiro!!! My neighbors and a few friends have Heroes parties every Monday. Wednesday is Jericho/Lost parties!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Robinknits
02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
We watch Heros every week. But I think it's about time they tell us who Claire's dad really is. Maybe we'll find out Monday. And I'm tired of Sylar killing everyone. Time for him to go!

Robin

letah75
02-23-2007, 01:36 PM
But I think it's about time they tell us who Claire's dad really is. Maybe we'll find out Monday. Robin

They did tell us who Claire's dad really is. Are you in the USA? I know sometimes in different countries t.v. shows are not on the same schedule as they are in the States.

auburnchick
02-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I really like the way the story lines are starting to come together. Patience, patience.

Cattrah
02-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I love heroes! We watch it every monday like clockwork and our friends always come over too to watch. Yeah, last episode I couldn't beleive how many times they showed the mechanic lady dead. Ususually they just give you one quick glimpse but man that was bad.

My husband and I usually try to predict how to final showdown will go. Since Peter absorbs other people's powers he can be a good guy. Syler is obviously a bad guy since he has to kill people to get their powers, but when those two meet up, who will be more powerful? I say peter simply because when he comes near Syler he'll absorb all of his powers he's collected too right? But Syler won't have all the abilities of Peter. So I thought that would be interesting to see how it works out. I'm a little upset that Peter seems to be going to the dark side. We don't need two super full of power guys that are evil!

Cristy
02-23-2007, 02:20 PM
dh has the theory that Ando has a power too--the power of luck b/c every time he's around "lucky" stuff keeps happening...He thinks that's how they'll bring Ando back together w/ Hiro...Hiro will realize that Ando has a power and find him...

luv2knit
02-23-2007, 03:32 PM
My DH was the one who started me on this show. I have a love/hate relationship with the show. Something it moves sooooo slowly and it seems like everything just keeps getting worse and not getting resolved. However I have to admit I can't stop watching it, and I think Hiro is just hilarious and heartwarming all at the same time! I agree I am tried of the creepy guy Sylar, but then again I am tired of the creepy Claire's Dad...who's side is he really on???

It's perfectly OK not to like the show! It's certainly not for everyone! My other favorite shows are Numb3rs and Bones...and My name is Earl. Just shows how diverse my tastes are! :roflhard:

SandraEllen
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
But I think it's about time they tell us who Claire's dad really is. Maybe we'll find out Monday. Robin

They did tell us who Claire's dad really is. Are you in the USA? I know sometimes in different countries t.v. shows are not on the same schedule as they are in the States.

I think she's talking about Horn Rimmed Glasses man. From the preview I saw, it looks like they tell us the backstory on HRG on monday...

Julie
02-23-2007, 04:22 PM

Actually, I'll forgive you because if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to knit socks. :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

nadja la claire
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
I like Heroes or at least I've liked the episodes I've seen. We just seem to miss it most weeks. We watch 24 on Mondays. We :heart: 24 and the more exciting the show gets the faster I knit and because I'm knitting in the round I barely have to look at what I'm doing. Other favorites are CSI (the original and NYC but I don't see that often because I can't stay up. Can't stand CSI Miami), NCSI, House (my DH has to see House), Bones is ok. I :heart: :heart: :heart: American Dad. Ghost Whisperer is ok and we watch it but I wish it wouldn't get so saccharin at the end with everyone bawling their eyes out. We also like to watch our local PBS station on Saturday nights because they show classic movies and on Sunday they show Masterpiece Theater which is the new Prime Suspect right now.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

suzeeq
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
It's perfectly OK not to like the show! It's certainly not for everyone! My other favorite shows are Numb3rs and Bones...and My name is Earl. Just shows how diverse my tastes are! :roflhard:

Me too for all those! Along with Grey's Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer, Medium, CSI and NCIS. And House. I can't get into CSI:Miami either, must be the characters, because I like the other two well enough.

sue

EssenceRose
02-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I love it, too... however, I am living in New Zealand and we've only JUST started the first season here... I think we're up to the 5th or 6th episode (where Claire's brother finds the tape they made of all her attempts at death). We always get TV shows later over here than we do back home... I tried to cheat and find some episodes on the net, but they are blocked from us viewing them. Grr! Oh well... a girl waits. LOL

suzeeq
02-23-2007, 07:18 PM
It only started here in September, so we're on the same season. Have you tried televisionwithoutpity.com for recaps of the episodes? That might not be blocked.

sue

EssenceRose
02-23-2007, 07:27 PM
I tried this site: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

I haven't looked at the other one yet, but I'm going there now. Hehe... I'm surprised that we're not as far behind the states as I thought we were. That is good... I have less episodes to catch up on then. Hehe

Julie
02-23-2007, 07:33 PM
If you reeeeally want to see them now you can dowload them from iTunes :D

EssenceRose
02-23-2007, 07:36 PM
iTunes... also only recently available in NZ (as of two months ago). LOL I'll go have a look now.. I'm such a cheater! Hehe!!

I might go look for Grey's Anatomy while I'm at it... *sneaks away*

Silver
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Whew! I'm glad I have some redeeming qualities! :)
Besides, Heroes is on at the same time as 24... mmmm Jack Bauer :heart:

hunterjenn
02-23-2007, 10:54 PM
mmmm Jack Bauer :heart:

Seriously!! Mmmmm....if it weren't for Tivo, we'd never see Heroes!

Cristy
02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
yep--I agree--TiVo is a must these days. Thursday nights are bad for us as we have Gray's Anatomy, Supernatural, and Scrubs that all come on at the same time. We had to decide on two (we picked Gray's Anatomy and Scrubs) and dh downloads the other onto the computer for us to watch.

SabrinaJL
02-24-2007, 01:49 AM
I love 24 too, but my husband is going to be deployed soon and he said I can't watch it without him. So I have to wait until this season comes out on DVD. And I LOVE Supernatural but since we moved, we don't get that channel. :(

Julie
02-28-2007, 01:16 AM
I just finished watching last night's episode....I thought it was fab! It's nice when they answer some questions, even when it means they pose some new ones. I knew right away that was little Hiro :teehee: ...and does anyone else think the boss-man was Linderman?

What a cool show.......

MoniDew
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
My husband loves this show. I have seen the second half of several episodes, but must confess that I am a bit lost and confused. My work schedule has prevented me from watching the first half hour. I'm going to have to catch up with the videos or something. Entriguing show.
________
Yamaha Yzf-R6 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_YZF-R6)

Lisa_H-Town
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Did anyone else cry at the ending of Hero's? or am I the only baby that did that because of Claire having faith in her "Dad" again?? Actually, I cried when the mom convinced her to give him a second chance... and was on a roll from there on.

But then again, I cry at the end of every "Cold Case"......

suzeeq
02-28-2007, 10:20 PM
My husband loves this show. I have seen the second half of several episodes, but must confess that I am a bit lost and confused. My work schedule has prevented me from watching the first half hour. I'm going to have to catch up with the videos or something. Entriguing show.

I work when it's on so I tape it to watch later. I have a hard time knitting while watching the tape because I miss a lot and have to back up to view a scene or three over again. A lot happens in each episode. The website televisionwithoutpity.com has recaps of each episode along with quite a few other shows.

sue

five_six
02-28-2007, 11:59 PM
hmmm... maybe i just don't get the hype, but we've started getting heroe's over here, and i accidentally tuned into the second, so maybe missing the first didn't help, but i kinda think it's a bit.... don't hit me... lame. I'm one of those 'comic book fan type people' that need a 'cataclysmic event' (like getting radiation dumped on you) in order to explain their powers...

Did these people just wake up one day and are now 'special'... i don't know, i've tried to stick with it, but when it's up against any type of law and order, csi, medium type show etc, it's always gonna lose (even thought all the shows i mentioned are repeats at the moment, they still beckon louder!)

Convince me I'm wrong people! :teehee:

suzeeq
03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
They haven't explained how everybody got their `powers'. Fanboards theorize that it was some genetic anomaly (or tinkering) that may or may not have been triggered by the eclipse that Hiro sees in one of the first few episodes.

sue