PDA

View Full Version : Lace Edgings

Cristy
02-22-2007, 11:56 PM
My granmother take flannel and crochets edgings on them to make adorable little receiving blankets. I want to make something similar but I'd like to knit it. I know how to do the crochet edging but I much prefer to knit. Does anyone know of any lace type edgings that can be knitted w/ crochet thread or the like? I looked at knitting pattern central but the ones they have are way too intricate. I just want something simple...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-23-2007, 01:10 AM
check out nicky epstein's books: knitting on the edge and knitting over the edge. (knitting beyone the edge is more for colors and cuffs)

hellokitty165
02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
My granmother take flannel and crochets edgings on them to make adorable little receiving blankets. I want to make something similar but I'd like to knit it. I know how to do the crochet edging but I much prefer to knit. Does anyone know of any lace type edgings that can be knitted w/ crochet thread or the like? I looked at knitting pattern central but the ones they have are way too intricate. I just want something simple...

here have alot and it free...enjoy !
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns-lace.htm

of troy
02-23-2007, 07:04 PM
you can knit the edges seperatly and sew them on, or you can edge the the blankets with 'blanket stitch' and use the edge of the sewing as a 'stitch' to knit with.

Cristy
02-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Hello Kitty--thanks for the link--most of those are still WAY too overpowering for what I'm trying to do but there is one that might work...

oftroy--you have the idea--I hem them w/ blanket stitch (if that's what I think it is--I'm not a great sewer) and when I crochet--I pick up stitches, so to speak, using the blanket stitch to crochet from.

The problem I have is that most of the knitted lace edgings I find are way to intricate....This (http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/crochet-edges.asp) is a picture of what the edgings look like that my grandmother and I currently do--I just wish I could find a knitted equivalent....

Hildie--thanks for the suggestion--I've always wanted to check out those books anyway...this gives me a good excuse!