PDA

View Full Version : Any good scarf patterns that works well with Boucle yarn?

Aquaria
02-23-2007, 02:30 AM
I've been wondering about this for a loooong time :pout: , and just couldn't manage to decide what I should do... :verysad:

This is Boucle yarn and it's kind of wiggly, therefore any fancy stitch patterns wouldn't show very well. :shrug:

What kind of scarf do you recommand for this yarn? :shrug: Lace? Regular stockinette? I also don't want the scarf to look too dull......Like for instance plain stockinette. :pout:

p.s. if you've already seen a similar post like this before I apologize because my last post didn't work out so well... so I posted something similar again... :verysad:

aineepooh1
02-23-2007, 03:43 AM
That wiggly yarn is "Boucle" I do think. I made several garter stitch scarves in boucle and the "twisties" in the yarn made for an interesting pattern IMHO~!! :teehee:

Aquaria
02-23-2007, 03:52 AM
That wiggly yarn is "Boucle" I do think. I made several garter stitch scarves in boucle and the "twisties" in the yarn made for an interesting pattern IMHO~!! :teehee:

Yeah! that' the yarn, I should have mentioned that! :teehee: edited my topic now :)

Ingrid
02-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I made a scrunchable with a variegated boucle. The pattern doesn't show up too well, but it makes a nice scarf. I think yours would look even better because of the single, light color.

Aquaria
02-23-2007, 10:55 AM
I made a scrunchable with a variegated boucle. The pattern doesn't show up too well, but it makes a nice scarf. I think yours would look even better because of the single, light color.

Thanks Ingrid! I'm trying to find some scarf patterns on the web that would work well.

Aquaria
02-23-2007, 06:36 PM
No more suggestions? :( ...

aylaanne
02-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I made a bouclé scarf using garter stitch and size 19 needles. It came out really nicely, sort of like elongated stitch, only much easier to work in front of a movie, and it's super long.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125960

eta: omg I made that scarf a year ago!!!!! I can't believe I've been knitting that long!

psammeadred
02-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I made one with a sort of garter stripe pattern:
Rows 1-3: Knit
Row 4: Purl

This showed off the colors in the yarn a bit better than garter stitch, didn't curl, and had some visual interest.

Aquaria
02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks guys! I'll try your patterns!:)