PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a little cheese with that whine?

zkimom
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
:pout:

Poor me.

I am at my parent's house in NJ (Cawthraven -- isn't it you that lives in Point Pleasant? My parents are in Jackson -- just a few exits West on 195)

My dad and I don't do very well when we are in the same zip code at the same time.

My mom has Parkinsons and her tremors are getting worse.

The only good thing is most of what I do when I am here is knit. And knit. And then I knit some more.

Since I have been here I have finished the fronts of a cardi I am making for dd (for some reason I didn't bring enough yarn to start the sleeves) and started a swatch for a pair of FT clogs (my first!)

Maybe if I'm lucky I can make a trip to a LYS -- if there is one.

At least I have computer access :zombie:

Ok, enough whine for now.

Best,
Susan

AnreeAce
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: Susan!

knitqueen
02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Hugs! :hug: My father-in-law has parkinson's and it is so hard to watch someone deteriorate before your eyes :pout: . I hope that your time there ends up better than you think it will be.

Quiltlady
02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry too. I'm glad you have your knitting to help keep your sanity. IT does help in stressful times!! :hug:

Stiney
02-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Nope, I'm a good 2 hours north of Point Pleasant, in Bergen County. In fact, I'm so far north I'm practically New York.

:hug: :muah: :hug:

Sorry about your family. :pout: :verysad:

nadja la claire
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Susan, I'm so sorry. Don't worry, you're not whining we all need to vent sometimes (I had my massive vent a couple of weeks ago) and it's often difficult dealing with family even when everyone gets along well. We're with you, just let it out. :hug: :grphug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Cristy
02-23-2007, 06:25 PM
just keep knitting...that's my mantra. I hope things start to look up a little... :hug: :hug: :muah: :muah:

zkimom
02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks all! :hug:

I'm leaving tomorrow and heading home for Connecticut -- only a couple of hours away but seems like another world.

I'm doing much better -- just casting on my FT clogs after having frogged the first attempt -- That 2nd row is a doozy and I didn't make it all the way through before I lost my concentration and my place.

I think I'll just watch Grey's again and go to sleep early.

You guys are the best! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Susan

Knitting_Guy
02-23-2007, 10:40 PM
It's healthier to "whine" a bit than keep everything all bottled up. Sorry about your family.

zkimom
02-23-2007, 10:48 PM
It's healthier to "whine" a bit than keep everything all bottled up. Sorry about your family.

Thanks Mason,

I appreciate the thought!

Best,
Susan

debb
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't mean this to be presumptutious, I'm just an NPR junkie

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5788850

Stiney
02-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Mmm wine. :teehee: