PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited, bought some new wool

pattieroc
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM
1 sk Filatura Di Crosa Valentino 131 Yarn , Golden Oak 2
1 sk MALABRIGO Hand Dyed Merino Yarn - Orchid 1 U
- 1 sk Noro Sakura Yarn #4, LOT

totally clueless to all the yarn out there, used to always use the cheap-o stuff from wal mart and must confess still feel lost in this are
the above is what I bought today on ebay...I would value your opinions as to whether I made some good choices, I want to make some mittens, and a hat and I dont know what else
you can be honest lol !!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-23-2007, 09:07 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalabrigo!!!! Uhm, that yarn is really really bad and you should send it to me. :teehee:

One skein of Malabrigo will make a NICE soft pair of mittens, with some leftovers.

I haven't used the other yarns, so I don't have an opinion.

brendajos
02-23-2007, 09:08 PM
well i don't know much about the other two but I think Malabrigo is horrible and you should purge your stash of it immediately. I actually have a Malabrigo Rescue unit currently stationed in my house so you could send it here and dispose of it safely.

really....send it immediately... it's for your own safety.... really

:shifty:

:hiding:

:out:

brendajos
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalabrigo!!!! Uhm, that yarn is really really bad and you should send it to me. :teehee:

One skein of Malabrigo will make a NICE soft pair of mittens, with some leftovers.

I haven't used the other yarns, so I don't have an opinion.

OMG HILDI!!!! :rofl: :roflhard: :rofl: :muah:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-23-2007, 09:11 PM
hahahah I said it first, so I guess I get it then!!!! :happydance:

brendajos
02-23-2007, 09:14 PM
:verysad: thaaaaaaaaaaaat's fine. I think I already have two hanks of orchid in my house anyway. i guess i don't need another! ;)

pattieroc
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
you guys are hilarious..I take it from the veiled attempts at yarn theft that you feel I have at least made one good choice, but who knows maybe I will just hate it and if thats the case to thank you for the good laugh it will be sent along to you lol
thanks again

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-23-2007, 09:28 PM
you'll love it, promise!!!

CateKnits
02-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Without trying to steal your yarn ( :teehee: ), most of us love Malabrigo (there's a reason we call it mmmmMalabrigo!). It's reeeeeally nice to knit with!