PDA

View Full Version : my so called...

Cristy
02-24-2007, 08:32 PM
the "My so called scarf" pattern calls for two skeins of MMMMMmmalabrigo--about how long does the scarf turn out using two skeins??

carmabelle1191
02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry, I'm not really sure how long it would be. :shrug: But I was wondering what it means when the pattern says to "psso but before dropping the slipped stitch from the left needle, knit into the back of it" part.

debb
02-24-2007, 09:26 PM
the pattern actually calls for 2 skeins of Manos (135 yards). I am using Malabrigo (215 yards) and 1 skein was too short for my taste. I added another skein of Malabrigo, but then other projects called me away and my scarf is currently a UFO. I can measure the length of the first skein tomorrow if no one else knows sooner.

By the way, I used the size 11 needles as called for, but it is very thick. Depending on your tastes and whether you knit tight or loose, you might want to test other needle sizes.

to carmabelle1191, IIRC you pass the slipped stitch back to the left needle, knit through the back loop, then drop off. Search this site for threads on this scarf because someone came up with alternate directions that acheive the same thing but are easier to understand. Once you start doing it, you'll probably see it yourself, but it's been awhile since I've worked on mine.

ps here you go
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=375475&highlight=called+scarf#375475

suzeeq
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry, I'm not really sure how long it would be. :shrug: But I was wondering what it means when the pattern says to "psso but before dropping the slipped stitch from the left needle, knit into the back of it" part.

The alternate way to do it, which is actually the same, is to sl 1, k1, yo, pass slipped stich over both the k1 and yo.

sue

Cristy
02-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks--you're right--it does call for Manos and I knew that but I had one of my all too common brain malfunctions!!! Please do let me know how long yours is--I like a medium to long length scarf and I want to make sure I order enough yarn.

zkimom
02-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Christy,

I made mine from one skein of Malabrigo and I like the length just fine.

It wraps around my neck and hangs to a nice length on either side.

If you like a medium length scarf I think one skein will work just fine.

Best,
Susan

carmabelle1191
02-24-2007, 11:33 PM

The alternate way to do it, which is actually the same, is to sl 1, k1, yo, pass slipped stich over both the k1 and yo.

sue
Thanks! :hug:

Ingrid
02-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I have one going that's almost through the first skein and it's 6 1/2" wide by about 37" long.

Braden
02-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I used the 2 skeins of Manos, and it came out about 6 ft. long, on size 11 needles, but I am a loose knitter, so for you it might be different.

simplethings
02-25-2007, 12:37 AM
i'm currently working on MySoCalledScarf in Manos and I have about 63 inches (~a good 5 feet) and i'm more than half way through with my 2nd skein.

Jessica
02-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I made a MSCS with two skiens of Mmmm and it came out really long. I love the long length because I can double it up and get all toasty in it. But if you wanted it shorter, still get two skiens because one is too short.

debb
02-25-2007, 11:31 PM
OK, the first skein of malabrigo measures 4-1/2" x 52"

Cristy
02-25-2007, 11:34 PM
cool, thanks you guys. I'll go w/ two skeins b/c I like for my scarves to be AT LEAST 5 1/2 feet long..I prefer it to be 6 feet!