PDA

View Full Version : I need help

cindyln
02-26-2007, 01:31 AM
My son gave me a gift card to amazon. There is a couple of knitting books I want to order but have more $$ to spend. What are favorite and good books pertaining to knitting out there? If you had no limit what books would you buy?

Jan in CA
02-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Oh boy... the knitting books I have on my wishlist are;

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop
Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off
Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
The Knitting Circle: A Novel by Ann Hood

simplethings
02-26-2007, 02:29 AM
i really love the vogue stitchionary books (not only do they show you stitch patterns, but the layout is so simple and beautiful).
i havn't learned how to do colorwork yet so 3 is a bit out of my league, but 1 and 2 are awesome!

nonny2t
02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I love my Knitter's Bible and have already used one of their stitch patterns in the back of the book. It is a great all around book for information and such.

cindyln
02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
bump :happydance:

hunterjenn
02-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I just got (and love!)

Knitting Nature by Nora Gaughan &
Cables Untangled by Melissa Leapman

They were my favorite Christmas pressies ever!

Cristy
02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I have Cables Untangled too and it's awesome! :cheering:

I want:
Knitting on the Edge
Knitting Over the Edge
Knitting Nature

humblestumble
02-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Sitchionary books by Vogue!
Sensational Knitted Socks
Any Elizabeth Zimmermann books (I have some of them so far)
The knitter's handy book of patterns is great. I own it and refer to it.

These are all in order of how much I'd want them most to least.

Ellen Edwards
02-28-2007, 04:36 AM
I like the Vogue Stitchionaries, too, and I just ordered the Knitter's Workshop by Elizabeth Zimmerman....I have Knitting Without Tears and Knitters Almanac by her, I can't wait til I can afford to get Knitting Around by her!! I'd really love to have the PBS video that goes with the Knitter's Workshop.

Most people really LOVE Vogue Knitting too. I haven't been able to get it yet, and there are 4 Barbara Walker "treasuries" of stitches" books--I have the second and it's really good. I have about 30 knitting books--and I don't want to part with any of them, truthfully!! I guess Vogue Knitting or the Knitter's Bible by Claire Compton would be 2 overall good ones if you can only get one!!