View Full Version : I think I messed up....

02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok...I am working on http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50718.html?noImages= this pattern. I THINK I didn't completly read ALL the instructions lol, it says to Cont in St st , inc 1st at each edge every sixth row...that DOES mean that I need to increase on BOTH sides and not just one right? LOL....gonna have to frog this one lol

.....eta....if the pattern tells me to increase but doesn't give me a specific way to do it, is there a certain method I should do?

02-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it says "on knit row" so it means that you're increasing twice, one on each edge, on every sixth row. Personally, I'd sl1, k2, then m1, k to last three, m1, k3, but it's up to you. I like having the increases a little away from the edges.

And you can do whatever increase you like.

02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, the only increase I know right now is a yarn over....is that ok? I am a TOTAL beginner! Thanks for replying!

02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
A yarnover increase will make a little hole in your knitting....you probably don't want that in this pattern. Try the bar increase (knit front and back) or the make 1 increase (pick up the bar between the stitches, put it on left needle, knit into the back of it). Check out Amy's videos on increases for the best explanation.

02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, I will check that out now. Thanks !!