PDA

View Full Version : I think I messed up....

3kids1036
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok...I am working on http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50718.html?noImages= this pattern. I THINK I didn't completly read ALL the instructions lol, it says to Cont in St st , inc 1st at each edge every sixth row...that DOES mean that I need to increase on BOTH sides and not just one right? LOL....gonna have to frog this one lol

.....eta....if the pattern tells me to increase but doesn't give me a specific way to do it, is there a certain method I should do?

Thanks!

aylaanne
02-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, it says "on knit row" so it means that you're increasing twice, one on each edge, on every sixth row. Personally, I'd sl1, k2, then m1, k to last three, m1, k3, but it's up to you. I like having the increases a little away from the edges.

And you can do whatever increase you like.

3kids1036
02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, the only increase I know right now is a yarn over....is that ok? I am a TOTAL beginner! Thanks for replying!

Chrissie
02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
A yarnover increase will make a little hole in your knitting....you probably don't want that in this pattern. Try the bar increase (knit front and back) or the make 1 increase (pick up the bar between the stitches, put it on left needle, knit into the back of it). Check out Amy's videos on increases for the best explanation.

3kids1036
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, I will check that out now. Thanks !!