PDA

View Full Version : Handpaintedyarn.com

candicane
02-27-2007, 05:23 PM
I am looking for feedback and reviews on the Bulky Merino. What size needles have you used with it. What was your gauge?

candice

Julie
02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Like I said in the scarf thread -- I used US15s for my so called scarf -- but for regular stockinette, I use US10 needles and get 3 stitches/inch. It really is one of my very favorite yarns! :D

I made my daughters earflap hats with it (two from one skein) and I get more comments on them than on anything I've ever made. Stranges are always stopping me and asking about them, lol.

cando
02-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I too am making the My So Called Scarf with it, but on size 13s. Regularly I would use maybe 10s. The yarn is very soft and the colors are gorgeous!

candicane
02-28-2007, 09:47 AM
How long did it take to get your order? Were the colors as your expected them to be? I am contemplating ordering the Mambao colorway (orange), but don't want to wait a month to get it.

candice

cando
02-28-2007, 04:13 PM
My order took about 25 days to reach me, but I think normally it's about 2 weeks. There was some confusion regarding my order and that's why it was more delayed than usual.
The colors I ordered (bonbom in the bulky merino and rosa purpura in the bulky handspun) were exactly as I expected, but I would think some variation is normal for hand painted yarns.
The color Mamão looks beautiful!