PDA

View Full Version : OT: What's with this model??

Kaydee
03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I was looking for a shawl pattern when I came across this pattern. Nice shawl, but why is the model practically naked to model it??? I just thought it was kinda funny :teehee:

nadja la claire
03-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I think she supposed to make us feel even more insignificant. Or maybe she's being used to get more men to knit so they can sell even more yarn. You know like SI used the Swim Suit edition to sell more magazines. :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jan in CA
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
What? You don't wear a lacy shawl when you're in your underwear? :teehee: That is pretty silly, but I guess the shawl shows up nicely.

Kaydee
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
What? You don't wear a lacy shawl when you're in your underwear? :teehee: That is pretty silly, but I guess the shawl shows up nicely.

Actually I was planning on wearing that to work tomorrow...it'll be especially good for tomorrow since its supposed to snow/sleet. :teehee:

Nikita-amimono
03-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I thought this one is kind of shawl to wear on the beach.

I bought something like this last year to wrap around my body on the beach.

:?? :??

Niki

xxx

Cristy
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I dress like this all of the time....baby belly and all.....I don't see the problem... :shrug:

Of course I'm kidding!!! You thought I was serious?!?!?!

auburnchick
03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Darn! I don't know how my picture made it out on the internet! Now I can't try out for American Idol. Or maybe I can ... nice way to get some votes...

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Nikki
03-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Good grief, :rofl: That's pretty silly, but then again the husband's SI has Burt Reyonlds naked on a fur throw. Husband wasn't amused.

jeanius80
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
:shrug: maybe so you dont get distracted by ANYTHING else?

just smile and admire the pretty shawl :happydance:

jdee
03-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Maybe she was cold, so she put a shawl on to get warm. :roflhard: It's much easier than wearing clothes.

Lisa_H-Town
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Wish they would have airbrushed that rib bone... it's totally grossing me out!

ekgheiy
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
:shrug: maybe so you dont get distracted by ANYTHING else? Yeah ... uh huh ... excessive skin isn't distracting at all. :teehee: Now why can't they get a buffed out manly man to strategically drape a nice lacy shawl over his mus'kalz ?? :eyebrow: .... Oh wait ...

On second thought, that would just be weird. :chair:

I still wouldn't mind seeing it though. :teehee:

zkimom
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok, someone tell me they remember the post with the picture of the bare chested guy on the white rug!

Knitting_Guy
03-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Looks fine to me.

ekgheiy
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Ok, someone tell me they remember the post with the picture of the bare chested guy on the white rug! Oo ... Oo ... I wanna see. I wanna see...

zkimom
03-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Looks fine to me.

Mason,

I would have took you for a guy who liked women who had more than .5% body fat.

:teehee:

Susan

madametj
03-01-2007, 10:17 PM
took me like 10 min. to find this, but heres a short comment on "you knit what?" : http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/2006/02/check-it-out.html

feministmama
03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I see this model a lot on knitting sites. No matter what she's weraing I just want to feed her. I wish more folks would complain to ad companies that creating an ad campang around unhealthilly thin women does not sell anything. Don't they get it yet? It's 2007. OK off my soapbox.

mwedzi
03-01-2007, 10:46 PM
She doesn't look unhealthy thin to me, just thin. I once was that thin and ate whatever I wanted, so let's not all jump on the thin-women-are-starving wagon here. (truth be told, though, i like a little more meat in the thigh area).

um, yeah back on topic, wait, what was the topic? oh yeah, that pic is silly. but it did it's job, didn't it? got us all to pay attention.

Knitting_Guy
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Looks fine to me.

Mason,

Susan

Actually that is true. But hey, nekked is nekked, right? :rofl:

ekgheiy
03-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Actually that is true. But hey, nekked is nekked, right? :rofl: :roflhard: :chair:

mwedzi
03-01-2007, 10:57 PM

:roflhard: Spoken in true dude fashion. There are a WHOLE LOT of people I don't wanna see nekkid.

DianaM
03-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I've had classmates who were that thin and ate junk food all day.

I still want to give that model a cheeseburger....... :teehee:

Stiney
03-01-2007, 11:50 PM
um, yeah back on topic, wait, what was the topic? oh yeah, that pic is silly. but it did it's job, didn't it? got us all to pay attention.

Well....we're paying attention.

But does anyone remember what the ad is for (well, yarn and/or a pattern obviously, but who is selling it)?

THAT'S the sign of a good ad. Not only is it attention-grabbing, it's memorable and it creates an association with the product in your mind. As Malcolm Gladwell calls it, it's Sticky.

Rorshach
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Well spoken, Mason.

Though ya'll are right too, the media is giving our daughters an inferiority complex because they're not thin as toothpick and have boobs the size of Texas.

On the other hand, Sex sells, and its been proven time and again for over 2000 years. :)

humblestumble
03-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Ok, someone tell me they remember the post with the picture of the bare chested guy on the white rug!

The one from knit1mag? I really like the bear rug. If that's what youre talking about. They were actually selling a poster of it.

And wow, I never even thought of complaining to the ad companies. I probably will now.

zkimom
03-02-2007, 08:00 AM

The one from knit1mag? I really like the bear rug. If that's what youre talking about. They were actually selling a poster of it.

That's it!

Thanks!

See -- we can ogle the pretty models too!

miccisue
03-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Maybe it's like one of those infomercials....."Knit this shawl, and you, too can lose (place number here....23, 50, 75) pounds, and look as beautiful as this young model". :teehee:

Angelia
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Maybe it's like one of those infomercials....."Knit this shawl, and you, too can lose (place number here....23, 50, 75) pounds, and look as beautiful as this young model". :teehee:

Make sure to include "lose weight while you knit in your sleep" :rofl:

nadja la claire
03-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Looks fine to me.

Mason,

Susan

:roflhard: :chair:

Nadja xxx

nadja la claire
03-02-2007, 09:20 AM

That's it!

Thanks!

This is the kind of sex that sells to me. :twisted: :drool: :teehee:

I mean flesh is fine but I just don't understand why it always has to be prepubecant female flesh especially when they're trying to sell to adult woman with adult bodies.

Nadja xxx

Kaydee
03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I remember the post with the guy on the rug...but what I remembered about it was the guy, not the rug :teehee: Sex may sell but its not that useful if the person can't remember what is supposed to be sold.

DianaM
03-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Nice rug, but he's definitely not my type :shrug:

mwedzi
03-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I remember the post with the guy on the rug...but what I remembered about it was the guy, not the rug :teehee: Sex may sell but its not that useful if the person can't remember what is supposed to be sold.

i remember it's berroco, cuz after all this time, i know their style. oh, berroco. :??

Limey
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I was totally shocked and outraged when I saw this photograph.

You would think with all the money firms splurge on advertising, they'd at leat be able to get knickers in a shade that complimented and matched the shawl!

If there's one thing I cannot abide, it's mis-matched co-ordinates!

Yours (with my knickers in a twist!)

Limey :!!!:

Angelia
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Stiney
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice rug, but he's definitely not my type :shrug:

There's a rug in that photo? :teehee:

humblestumble
03-02-2007, 05:19 PM

That's it!

Thanks!

Yup! haha. I was surprised to find that lion brand was actually selling a poster of it. Funny thing is, the bear rug pattern is free. :??

Kaydee
03-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I was totally shocked and outraged when I saw this photograph.

You would think with all the money firms splurge on advertising, they'd at leat be able to get knickers in a shade that complimented and matched the shawl!

If there's one thing I cannot abide, it's mis-matched co-ordinates!

Yours (with my knickers in a twist!)

Limey :!!!:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

msoebel
03-02-2007, 11:39 PM

That's it!

Thanks!

This is the kind of sex that sells to me. :twisted: :drool: :teehee:

I mean flesh is fine but I just don't understand why it always has to be prepubecant female flesh especially when they're trying to sell to adult woman with adult bodies.

Nadja xxx

Gotta tell you...he doesn't do it for me either. :shrug: I don't really like guys who are spend more time getting ready in the morning than I do!8)

At least the she-model has a nice belly button! :wink:

Misty

Braden
03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Looks fine to me.

Me, too...

knit-a-holic
03-02-2007, 11:56 PM
They just want to make the shawl (or the girl) look sexy...so you'll want to knit it. Lol. As they say...sex sells. Oh well. I guess that's their purpose of her nakedness.