PDA

View Full Version : Exercise while you knit

Webigail
03-02-2007, 12:01 AM
I have been torn between spending more time working on my knitting projects and working out. So, I got this "brilliant" idea this morning. I decided to grab a skein of yarn, my trusty needles and hop on my treadmill.

Believe it or not, I had a GREAT walk. I didn't run, or jog, but had a great, long, fun walk. I didn't become anxious to finish up my hour trek, because I was so busy knitting. I only worked in stockinette, but the point was that I exercise AND knit :happydance:

Rorshach
03-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Hmm, cool, I'd have a big problem with that though, as I have to stop and think when I try to chew gum and walk. Seriously though, seems like a good solution for now.

dovey
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Very cool idea! I usually rig my laptop up in such a way that I can use it while walking on my treadmill. It really helps make the time fly!!

Julie
03-02-2007, 12:37 AM
I used to knit all the time while riding our stationary recumbent bike :D

lauraknits
03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I have been thinking about knitting on the treadmill. Thought I was the only one who contemplated such things! I guess I am in good company here!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CateKnits
03-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I used to read my textbooks on the bikes at the gym...I thought about bringing something little like a sock to work on, but I haven't been to the gym in a little over a year. :oops: I'm determined to go next quarter, though!

sittenknitten
03-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Not me, I don't want the yarn to get sweaty!

And I think I'd be the one to fall while knitting (or chewing gum) on the treadmill.

I'm ruled by the i-pod when exercising. :teehee:

aineepooh1
03-02-2007, 03:04 AM
I am glad you asked that question~ I walk the indoor track at my gym and I have often wondered what would happen if I tried it :shrug: besides the VERY strange looks~
I guess the fact that I am VERY accident prone has disocuraged me~ but YEP... I have thought about it~!!

Talk about making exercise fun~!! :cheering: :cheering:

aineepooh1
03-02-2007, 03:06 AM
I am glad you asked that question~ I walk the indoor track at my gym and I have often wondered what would happen if I tried it :shrug: besides the VERY strange looks~
I guess the fact that I am VERY accident prone has disocuraged me~ but YEP... I have thought about it~!!

Talk about making exercise fun~!! :cheering: :cheering:

humblestumble
03-02-2007, 03:19 AM
I've worked out on the bike at the gym before while crocheting, but I found it to be difficult even still. It wasn't hard to think, but it was hard to keep from bouncing around. Not to mention, I get sweaty palms. Oh! How I wish I could do such a thing. I will probably try again in the future on something more stable like the treadmill.