PDA

View Full Version : OT - American Idol

Tamar Dohel
03-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi all,

Just watched the show a little later than in the US - the advantage is no commercials.

Anyway, aren't the girls much better than the boys this season?

And how do you guys watch it with a commercial break after almost every song? You probably get a lot of knitting done, right? :X:

Tamar

dustinac
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
:rofl: I tivo it and wait the first hour out or so.. then I watch it so I can fwd... they have way to many commercials...

I like 2 of the girls and about 3 of the boys... so I'm kinda split right now.. will be glad when we are down to the top 12... :happydance:

auburnchick
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I like a couple of the guys and a few of the girls.

I also record it because the family usually watches something else at that time. I love ff'ing through commercials (and the goodbye singing of the kicked-off contestants).

dustinac
03-02-2007, 05:10 PM
:rofl: last night we fwd the whole thing only stopped when we seen one start singing to make sure then went on :teehee:

jodstr2
03-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I like Chris Sligh. I sorta like Blake and Sundance.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaally want Melinda to win.

why haven't Antonella's offscreen antics gotten her kicked off the show?

edit: because I seem to really like overusing the word 'haven't'

Robinknits
03-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Jodi - Melinda is my favorite as well.

Did anybody else notice Kelly Pickler's new "enhancements" - well they were kind of hard not to notice.

Petals
03-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I thought KP had "enhancements" but my dh thought she was that way before. :shrug: what do I know ----but maybe the ? should be what does dh know? :teehee:

And I do think the girls are kicking butt more than the boys so far.

DreamWeaver
03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I agree with everyone, I want Doolot to win (that's what I call Melinda. Since her last name is "Doolittle" but she sings really well, so I call her Doolot :teehee: )

dustinac
03-02-2007, 09:21 PM

I think that is my pick too unless Blake isn't the beat boxer :teehee: I haven't learned their names yet.. I like Melinda and Latisha? is that her name :??

I heard they were investigating it and that some maybe fake.. :shrug:

My dh didn't even hear KP's song lol he was to busy looking.. I thought she had them before too but he disagreed :rofl:

auburnchick
03-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Regardless of KP's new "look," I think she looked fabulous. She looked so much more polished and confident. She reminded me of Lori Morgan or Clint Black's wife -- just the way she looked. She also sounded really great. I :heart: LOVED :heart: the song!

Silver
03-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Did anybody else notice Kelly Pickler's new "enhancements" - well they were kind of hard not to notice.
I don't think they are necessarily "enhanced", because she looked a lot curvier all over, if you know what I mean. But I do think that Ryan was hinting at them when he asked if she had bought anything else besides shoes. :teehee:

So far, I don't really care who wins because I don't have a favorite yet, I just want that *bleep* Antonella gone because she sucks really, really badly. Too many teenage boys are voting. :doh:

dustinac
03-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Regardless of KP's new "look," I think she looked fabulous. She looked so much more polished and confident. She reminded me of Lori Morgan or Clint Black's wife -- just the way she looked. She also sounded really great. I :heart: LOVED :heart: the song!

Yep.. I had heard her sing that on The View when she was a co-host.. it was hard to watch she kept crying which made me cry... its a very good song..

Silver, I agree she needs to go because she isn't very good.. and the guy who sang Steppin' out with my baby.. I thought for sure he was going home...

MoniDew
03-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Is Melinda Dolittle the one Simon says is so humble? I like the sweet, unaffected, humble girl the best.
________
Swedish cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/swedish/)

auburnchick
03-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Is Melinda Dolittle the one Simon says is so humble? I like the sweet, unaffected, humble girl the best.

Yes. She used to be a backup singer. I think she is soooooo adorable and refreshing! She has definitely done her homework!

:heart: :heart: LOVE her voice!!

jodstr2
03-02-2007, 11:13 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure Pickler has store-boughts. 'cuz they looked like they were placed a teeny tiny tad too high on her chest. they look good on her tho! :cheering:

and looks like Silver said, she gained a litle bit o womanly curvature on the lower part too.

she looks more mature now... go girl! :cheering:

auburnchick
03-02-2007, 11:32 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure Pickler has store-boughts. 'cuz they looked like they were placed a teeny tiny tad too high on her chest. they look good on her tho! :cheering:

and looks like Silver said, she gained a litle bit o womanly curvature on the lower part too.

she looks more mature now... go girl! :cheering:

She probably just had them done. Especially with her getting ready to go on tour with Brad Paisley. They tend to sit higher right after surgery. Plus, the dress she was wearing probably kept them up pretty good too.

jdee
03-03-2007, 02:01 AM
She probably just had them done.

Either that or she found a REALLY good Wonderbra.

Tamar Dohel
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Humm...

This is turning out real gossipy!

Anyway, I thought KP looked awful! Old, fat, too much make up, false chest and too tanned. Or was that false too? She couldn't have chose a less complimenting dress: it made her behind and hips stand out too much and what with the "enhanced" well, talk about bad proportion!

Wait! I'll be sending a picture of my body soon - when I get rich. By that time I'd have had all my unwanted excess flab taken out, nothing put in.

Tamar

mrs.hre
03-03-2007, 10:56 PM
i think the girls win the men over this year but they are getting rid of good singers. how is that sanja still there, and that girl who sang celine dion song. she was way off key. i'm not sure i am going to watch more. its just to blah this year for some reason. maggie :shrug:

KellyK
03-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I LOVED KPs dress, wish I looked like that in anything... but I HATE her haircut. Makes her look OLD. I dont remember what her old boobs looked like... I cant tell if they're enhanced. :shrug:

madametj
03-04-2007, 04:55 PM

i like Blake, Brandon, Jordin, Jared, Chris S. and Stephanie (lots of talent this season, unlike last year). dont really care for Sundance.

I think everyone who got voted off deserved it. The only reason Sanjaya is still their is bcus they can only vote of 4 ppl.

here is an artice about Antonella that i think make a lot of sense: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/american-idol/american-idol-the-antonella-ba-4520.aspx?show=american-idol.aspx

basically is says that the reason she's still on the show is bcus she's pretty so the pics arent considered as nasty and she cant really sing so she'll get voted off soon anyway.