PDA

View Full Version : What does this yarn want to be?

Krystal
03-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I found this awesome yarn at walmart. I had never seen it there before and was sitting in the clearance bin. There was only 3 of them and one was really ratty and worn looking so I picked up 2.

Now I don't know what do make with it! I'm not a big fan of those fuzzy boa scarves you can make with novelty yarn... so any other suggestions?

31 m in each 50g ball so 62m total, size 11 needles, 96% polyester 4% Metallic yarn by "No Boundaries "

suggest away!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

kblue
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry i don't know what you should make with it :teehee: I just wanted to say that the yarn is SOOOOO PRETTY :flirt: . I haven't gotten adventurous with my yarns yet (still with the straight strands) but that is something i would definalty buy and i LOVE the colors...awesome buy :star: :yay: :star:

Krystal
03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
you should check out walmart. I found a thread on google and a bunch of people all over the country (canada and america) have found these No BO yarns on sale ranging from 2 dollars to 75 cents.

They were 2 bucks for me. They are marked down from like 4 bucks or something. It's kinda weird because I keep hearing how great No Bo yarns are.

kblue
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Thats awesome :yay: !!! I'm totally going....once the snow and wind dies down over here. :teehee:

DreamWeaver
03-02-2007, 10:07 PM
wow... Walmart has some goooooooooooooooood yarn :thumbsup:

I think that yarn would like to be a hat. Wouldn't that be just the cutest beanie? True, it may be a little fluffy but, by the looks of it, it's not too bad. Then again I love benies, so maybe I'm a little opinianated :teehee:

msoebel
03-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I second beanie...or a soft hat with a floppy brim. I think it would be so cute!

Misty

Braden
03-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I'd say either a scarf or a hat.

joe_doufu
03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm seeing a psychedelic beret

bip
03-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know why I can't see the picture? This has been happening a lot lately on this site. Must be either a browser setting or a kh account setting, but I don't know which and I couldn't figure it out on my own.

Thanks!

Brrlracinbt
03-03-2007, 10:39 AM
A beret or a scarf!

mwedzi
03-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I think it wants to be the brim of a hat and the cuffs of matching mittens.

Krystal
03-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know why I can't see the picture? This has been happening a lot lately on this site. Must be either a browser setting or a kh account setting, but I don't know which and I couldn't figure it out on my own.

Thanks!

Often I would get signed out randomly and then I couldn't see any pics. I never figured it out until I went to reply to a post and I had to sign in before I could. Then it all made sense.

I think I will use this stuff for the edging to some things... The rim of mittens and hats and accent part of the scarf....

I hope I have enough now haha!

zkimom
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I think your yarn wants to mingle with another yarn in order to make something -- some great wool with a similar color -- you could use them together and make a fun felted bag. -- I always think novelty yarn needs to be mixed with something else as opposed to standing on it's own.

Just my preference!

Susan

aineepooh1
03-04-2007, 03:43 AM
I think mixing it with anothe yarn would be cool too~! but I was thinking about a large pillow.. You could just nit up a simple square make it as large as you want it, fold it in half and seam it up. It looks like one of those expensive novelty/designer pillows that you see at dept stores.
Just my opinion~!