PDA

View Full Version : OT-I think we sold our home...

figaro
03-02-2007, 10:34 PM
And although we are on the opposite coast, I am sad about it. This is our first home, the one that we started our family in, the one with the great neighbors. Our home. :waah: I mean, I know we are not going back there, but there was always that .00001% that we could go back to our home, now this move is permanent.

And then there is looking for our new home, ugh and yay!! It will be great to find our new home, one that fits us better but we will have to do it with 3 kids in tow!

Am I the only one to get emotional about a home?

auburnchick
03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
No, you aren't the only one. It's normal to form an attachment to something that you created so many memories in.

I cried when we traded in our Durango last year. I was spending about $400/month because of my daughter's soccer practices 3x/week two hours each way.

Try to funnel your emotions into finding the perfect new home.

:hug:

IrishKnitter
03-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Am I the only one to get emotional about a home?

No way! My parents have lived in the same house since 1982. That's where I grew up. I have such an emotional attachment to that house...I'd cry my eyes out if they ever moved!! :pout:

They've mentioned "downsizing" now that my brother, sister, and I are grown and moved out...but I make sure to say NO whenever I hear that! :teehee:

hunterjenn
03-03-2007, 12:50 AM
My parents sold my childhood home WHILE I WAS AWAY AT COLLEGE!! It was so weird to move "back" to a new house that summer...I still drive by that little house and feel pangs of nostalgia.

Sooo, what's your secret, figaro? Ours has been on the market 5 mos now... :verysad:

Jan in CA
03-03-2007, 03:28 AM
I know how you feel..it's kind of bittersweet when you sell your first home. Where are you moving from and to?

zkimom
03-03-2007, 08:41 AM
My parents sold my childhood home WHILE I WAS AWAY AT COLLEGE!! It was so weird to move "back" to a new house that summer...I still drive by that little house and feel pangs of nostalgia.

Jenn,

Mine too! I was coming home for a visit and my mom said something like, "Oh by the way, we don't live in Far Rockaway anymore, we sold the house and now we live in Brooklyn!" How weird was that??!!!

Best,
Susan

figaro
03-03-2007, 11:52 AM
We moved from north San Diego County to Hunterdon County in New Jersey back in late December. I love having all the birds, squirrels and the deer family in our backyard. I really can't wait to see what it looks like when there are leaves and then FALL! :cheering: I love having real weather here, back there, if it is a light rain, there can be 50-100 wrecks in 24 hours!

But we had a great neighbors and although it was smaller than the one we are renting, it was a great home. My husband built out of redwood, a playhouse for the girls, our neighbors gave us a swingset and slide for them, and it was still a large yard. (Large for southern CA standards at least)

jmp3775
03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Figaro,

I know it can be emotional, but just think of all of the wonderful new memories you will have in your new home. Are you staying in Hunterdon Co.? I moght be biased having grown up in NJ, but I really think it is so great living here. There is so much to do- beach, mountains, skiing, Atlantic City, NYC. Everything is within a couple of hours drive, at most! And we really do get to fully enjoy the changing seasons :happydance: .
Good Luck!

jmp3775
03-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Figaro,

I know it can be emotional, but just think of all of the wonderful new memories you will have in your new home. Are you staying in Hunterdon Co.? I moght be biased having grown up in NJ, but I really think it is so great living here. There is so much to do- beach, mountains, skiing, Atlantic City, NYC. Everything is within a couple of hours drive, at most! And we really do get to fully enjoy the changing seasons :happydance: .
Good Luck!

hunterjenn
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Jenn,

Mine too! I was coming home for a visit and my mom said something like, "Oh by the way, we don't live in Far Rockaway anymore, we sold the house and now we live in Brooklyn!" How weird was that??!!!

Best,
Susan

Seriously, what is that?? :teehee: Cracks me up that they didn't even tell you before they moved!!