PDA

View Full Version : Went to see the Accountant and....

nadja la claire
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I and my DH went to see our accountant today to prepare our taxes and we're getting back over 4 Gs from the FEDs :happydance: :cheering: :balloons: :blooby: :yay: :woot: :woohoo: :clink:

We were :shock: We hadn't expected to get anything back, infact I was sure we'd owe money (as usual) but because of my HD's medical bills and I've had to cut back my hours due to his health. For once the Tax Man took pity on us. We owe $70 to the county but so what.

We may be able to go on vacation this year if my sweetie is feeling up to it, we haven't had a vacation since before he got sick and perhaps I'll find some yarn that I just can't live without. Or maybe we'll save it for something big. All I know is that we need a little bit of a treat.

I JUST LOVE REFUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jan in CA
03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
:shock: Wow!! That is awesome! :cheering:

nadja la claire
03-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I forgot to add that while we were there I started knitting on a throw for a chemo patient and he asked me if I knit for charity. Of course I said and I told him that the throw was for charity. He then smiled and said you can write that off you know. Oh yah I said and then I pointed to the charitable deductions and told him that about 90% of that was knitting. I told him I had to have someway of feeding my addiction. So save your receipts.

Nadja xxx

auburnchick
03-03-2007, 05:42 PM
The best things are the unexpected blessings, eh?

So glad for you! :cheering:

hunterjenn
03-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow--congratulations!! Sounds like you guys deserve a break. :) We got 3K back, but we have to SAVE it. :ick: Yay for vacations!

dustinac
03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
:woot: :woot:

aineepooh1
03-03-2007, 11:41 PM
:muah: :muah: :muah:
Congrats to you Nadja~ You and your sweetie deserve it~!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Ainee

DreamWeaver
03-03-2007, 11:45 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

hellokitty165
03-04-2007, 05:14 AM
yahoooooooooo.... :heart: :muah: :happydance: :cheering: :hug: :muah: :happydance:

nadja la claire
03-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow--congratulations!! Sounds like you guys deserve a break. :) We got 3K back, but we have to SAVE it. :ick: Yay for vacations!

We have to save most of the refund but we figure that we should have about $1500. give or take to play with so I've already started looking into places to go. I love to drive so maybe we can go on a road trip. One major problem is my honey's health so we can't go too far plus he's on O2 so we have to have plenty of that no matter where we go or how we travel and there's also our beagle who we want to take with us so I've got to find pet friendly places. WOW! It's hard planning a getaway! Even so we're really excited about the prospect of a real vacation.

We are going to Virginia Beach in a few weeks but that will not be a getaway. It's a big family thing and we're going to be driving down with my mom and staying in adjoining rooms just to be sure she's ok. So VB will definitely not be a vacation. :ick: But if there's time I might be able to check out some LYS while we're there.

Nadja xxx

HamaLee
03-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Congrats! Enjoy that to its fullest :muah: .

I only got $400 back total this year, and that's the biggest return I've ever received. :oops:

aylaanne
03-04-2007, 02:00 PM

We have to save most of the refund but we figure that we should have about $1500. give or take to play with so I've already started looking into places to go. I love to drive so maybe we can go on a road trip. One major problem is my honey's health so we can't go too far plus he's on O2 so we have to have plenty of that no matter where we go or how we travel and there's also our beagle who we want to take with us so I've got to find pet friendly places. WOW! It's hard planning a getaway! Even so we're really excited about the prospect of a real vacation.

We are going to Virginia Beach in a few weeks but that will not be a getaway. It's a big family thing and we're going to be driving down with my mom and staying in adjoining rooms just to be sure she's ok. So VB will definitely not be a vacation. :ick: But if there's time I might be able to check out some LYS while we're there.

Nadja xxx
Nadja, have y'all looked into getting an O2 Compressor? it filters the oxygen out of the ambient air. It might give you more freedom when you want to travel and stuff. Just a thought.

Silver
03-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Congratulations! YAY for refunds!! Have fun with it!! :cheering:

We don't get refunds anymore and we're looking at paying about 4Gs this year. Woo. Hoo. :!!!:

nadja la claire
03-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Congratulations! YAY for refunds!! Have fun with it!! :cheering:

We don't get refunds anymore and we're looking at paying about 4Gs this year. Woo. Hoo. :!!!:

:hug: :hug: I'm sorry, I know how you feel. :hug: :hug: This is the 1st real refund we've gotten in about 6 years. Normally we owe too.

Nadja xxx

nadja la claire
03-04-2007, 06:20 PM

Nadja xxx
Nadja, have y'all looked into getting an O2 Compressor? it filters the oxygen out of the ambient air. It might give you more freedom when you want to travel and stuff. Just a thought.

We do have a compressor which my DH uses at night. It's kind of big but hey at least he'd have something at night. :figureditout: I hadn't thought of it. Thanks aylaanne. :hug:

Nadja xxx

Braden
03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Woah, Lucky You!