PDA

View Full Version : My Sweater Class

mare-nitt
03-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I am a new knitter and I have made three totes so far, love knitting. I have now graduated to the next step.
I took my first sweater class today, got there at 10:00 am, I am so excited. I am knitting a sweater, neck down, it is a Knitting Pure and Simple Pattern and it was rough going at first, but now that I understand it better, I love it. I am learning to read a pattern too, along with the hands on.
I know I am only on the 6th row so far, but I had to tell someone. I am using an Encore varigated yarn. ( I wanted to try this first before I went with a tweed yarn, that will be my next choice of yarn.)
It can only get better after this, I see socks coming up next.
Thanks for letting me share. Your forum is very interesting, real up beat for a beginner.
Marilynn

PS. of course now that I have found a new hobby I need to sellor trade some of my quilting fabric to get a yarn stash going! :??

RiverDaughter
03-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Yay! That sounds like so much fun. I wish they had knitting classes in my area, but, alas, I am am one of three lone knitters in the area apparently. :verysad:

auburnchick
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Congrats on your new adventure! I haven't done a sweater yet, choosing instead to master socks first.

Be sure to post a picture when you're done!

Jan in CA
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
My first sweater was a KPS pattern, too! They are so easy!

RiverDaughter
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
What's a KPS pattern?