PDA

View Full Version : OT: VBS~ Yeah~!

aineepooh1
03-04-2007, 03:19 AM
I went to church last Sunday and one of my fellow churchmembers told me they were having another informational meeting on VBS~ for those of you who don't know what that is it's Vacation Bible School from the Southern Baptist Convention. I got to go when I was a kid and I had a blast~! :cheering: :cheering: It was so much fun.. we go to sing, eat snacks, do crafts, meet new people and play and it was just too much fun. It is usually for grades K-6 but some larger churches have it through the youth and even adult..
I am just so excited right now. This will be my 3rd year of doing it and I always am so tired because it is so much work yet so much FUN~! I work outside as the "Recreational Director".. :notworthy: ie.. I play games outside with the kids b/c the older foks don't want to stay outside in the heat anymore :eyebrow: but I just have SOOO much fun. The kids can be a handful at times b/c they have TOO much energy but they are so freakin' hilarious After VBS I go to work and tell my coworkers and we just laugh and laugh. Those kids are like instant entertainment.. :roflhard: :roflhard: so I am looking forward to another~HOT~!!!!! VBS outside...
But I still :heart: :heart: :heart:

Debbie
03-04-2007, 08:24 AM
I loved going to VBS as a child ... my mom always taught and I got to help her get her room ready before I was off to my own class. Later, I loved being a teen helper. She still teaches VBS every summer (74 years old, in Texas) as do I (54 years old, in Florida) :) We are VERY VERY thankful for the young energetic teachers who take outside duty!!!

aineepooh1
03-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks Debbie.. LIke I said before...it's a lot of work but it's just too much Fun~!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: