PDA

View Full Version : Opinion needed for project for a male

cookworm
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I'd love to make my son this throw, but I'm afraid if he sees the pattern with the woman cuddled under it, he'll think it's too "girly" (he's 14). I happen to think the pattern would be fine for a guy, but what do all of you think?

Lyndalm
03-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I'd have the yarn I'd using when I showed it to him. I think the pattern is great, and looks really warm.

Lynda M
1992-2006 Homer

Lyndalm
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd have the yarn I'd using when I showed it to him. I think the pattern is great, and looks really warm.

Lynda M
1992-2006 Homer

Ronda
03-05-2007, 11:08 AM
It doesn't look feminine to me. I think it would make a great throw for a guy.

Jeremy
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Personally if I were 14 I would take the girl and the throw.

HamaLee
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
:teehee:

I agree, I think it's a great pattern for a guy. Arans and cables say "manly" and "sturdy" to me (even in a gorgeous sweater for a woman--which is why I love cables to much!).

Pick out some "manly" yarn and show him the pattern and yarn at the same time. You could even photoshop the girl out if you really think he'll focus on her too much. Or focus on how cute girls will love to cuddle under his manly throw :rofl: .

cookworm
03-05-2007, 12:23 PM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Please...I'm trying to stave off "girl crazy" as long as I can! Him being legally able to drive in two years is enough for me to manage with right now! :ick: :teehee:

Arans and cables say "manly" and "sturdy" to me

See, this is what I thought, too. I've been looking for a pattern for a while for him that would have some texture to it, hoping for something with big cables, and I just came across this today. I was really excited, but then I thought that he might get "icked out" if he saw a girl in the picture.