View Full Version : does anyone know?

03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
does anyone know if this pattern/stitch (http://www.morehousefarm.com/K2/01/CrinoidShawl/) has a name?

03-05-2007, 04:34 PM
:?? I would call it more a technique than a stitch.

03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Looks like a lot of binding off and casting on.

03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
like giant buttonholes?
do you think it would be difficult to make well?

03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I think the trick would be to block it afterwards to get the open shape of the 'buttonholes.'

03-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey... look what I found (http://guavaseeds.blogspot.com/2007/02/swiss-cheese-scarf.html)!

03-09-2007, 08:26 PM
There is a German site with more stuff made with this technique and there is also a description in English (you have to scroll down a little bit):

*click* (http://wollmeise.blogspot.com/)

I have this technique on my to-do-list :teehee:

The name of this technique? I don't know :shrug: and on the German site is no name for it :shrug:

03-09-2007, 09:09 PM
thanks Silver!

and those "Handschmeichler" are so pretty - need them!
I can also read German (einst wohnte ich in Berlin), but haven't gone looking for any sites yet, so this is really cool to see. :heart:

03-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh, that's why they have swiss cheese at the bottom of the first page. So, I guess it's a swiss cheese technique. That's pretty neat, I've honestly never seen it.

03-10-2007, 03:22 AM
What a special looking pattern! :teehee: Thanks for sharing guys! :notworthy:

I didn't recognize this pattern, it must be a unique design! :happydance: