PDA

View Full Version : blocking discovery

syndactylus
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
they're expensive, but if this is the first towel (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0430&categoryId=B70) you wrap things in (after washing, before spreading out) they can take half as long to dry!

so cool I had to share.

mine is flat, I don't know why this one is all textured.

janelanespaintbrush
03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
I've been using those for my hair for years, but it never occurred to me to use them for anything else. Great idea! What I usually do is to put the wet items in a sweater bag and then let them spin dry in the washing machine for a few secs -- sucks the water right out.

syndactylus
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
do you have your own (lucky!) or have you figured out a way to get pay ones to go straight to that cycle?
someday I will have that dryer where the clothes sit on little shelves and nothing bad could ever happen to them :pray:, but all the laundry machines in my apt. bldg. are vicious...

Silver
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
DUH on the microfiber towel idea. I never thought of that either. Great idea!

I spin things in the washer too but if you don't have your own, a large salad spinner will fling out the extra water too. Not so useful for a full sweater (unless you wear an xtra small!), but it's great for small objects like socks, scarves, hats, etc.

You can wrap a sweater in a towel by laying the towel out flat, laying the sweater on top of it, and roll them both up like a log. Then put it on the floor and step on it to squeeze out extra water.

syndactylus
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I'll have to try the stomping too. That sounds fun.
I can get really impatient.