PDA

View Full Version : Anthropologie inspired capelet

elizabethrmiller
03-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on knitting this pattern for my sister for her birthday. I noticed several of you have already made it! My question is, since the Rowan Polar yarn has been discontinued, has anyone used another brand of yarn for the project and liked the outcome? I'm very open to suggestions! Any information on brands that worked well and amount of yarn it took would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

elizabethrmiller
03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Oops, here's the link to the pattern:

http://www.geocities.com/julsey723/Reversible_Winter_Capelet.pdf

CarmenIbanez
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I have used:

Patons SWS and also Jiffy. Both were great, but completely different looks. If you do a search for the "anthropologie inspired capelet" you'll find lots of different ones in different yarns.

marykz
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
also check craftster's KAL for same. I LOooooove this pattern. made it 3 times. twice for me: (berroco foliage wool/ acrylic; patagonia hand dyed cotton) and once for the kid (debbie bliss cashmerino aran). they all look totally different. and the closure you pick (button, pin, clasp) can change the character too. good luck!

knit-errant
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I've made it with Red Heart Bijou (despite being Red Heart, it's actually rather nice); I think it took 2 and a smidge balls.

I've also used Patons SWS, though I don't remember how many skeins I used there -- possibly 2 again?

elizabethrmiller
03-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks everyone! Great suggestions. I'll post pictures when I'm done working on it...

rebecca
03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
I made toddler versions in Lionbrand Woolease and Jiffy. I think that you will be able to adapt any yarn that you would like to this pattern very easily..it's a fun knit, too.

madametj
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
what weight yarn is supposed to be used? :??

loveswildflowers
03-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I knit mine using Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. When I knit a gauge swatch it was pretty close to the correct gauge. You can view it and read the details at this link http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24849&highlight=

You'll love this pattern! Good luck with whatever you choose!

psammeadred
03-07-2007, 11:06 PM
I made mine from SWS. Just be sure to do a gauge swatch, and you'll be fine.

suzeeq
03-08-2007, 01:33 AM
A few people made it with Caron Simply Soft doubled, and other thinner yarns doubled. The original is with a bulky yarn, madametj.

sue

Rayadragon
03-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm in the middle of making one with Bernet (sp) Softee Chunky. It's turning out pretty good but lacks the fuzzyness of the original. I like it with the less-fuzzy yarn better. I used around 3 balls of yarn for a long sleeved version.