PDA

View Full Version : Trendy Tank Pattern Help

Lisa_H-Town
03-08-2007, 11:42 PM
I have a question on the pattern directions:
I am working on the back, and I have FINALLY finished my 12 inches of k1p1 and am to the armholes, have binded (word?) off, and next I am supposed to:

Dec 1 st each end of every right side row until "_" sts remain.

I am having trouble picturing this in my head... if I only decrease on one side, will I wind up with a Tarzan type back? It seems to me I should decrease equally to each side? This is my first top, obviously.

Then it goes on to say:

Work even for 1". Armhole should measure "__" above the bind-off.

Shouldn't it be Armhole"s" -- plural? Or am I only working on one?

I googled Trendy Tank and the only valid hit was a link to this website under the free patterns (I picked mine up at Hobby Lobby). BUT, when I went to the link, the page is no longer available.... ??? I am so confused... Was there something wrong with it?? Probably something wrong w/ me! :pout:

It's just that I have frogged and tinked as much as I have knitted, and don't want to do anything else wrong. I have put in a life line -- thinking I would try and see if it made sense after a while, but thought I would check here first.

Thanks so much!
L.

Ingrid
03-08-2007, 11:53 PM
When a pattern refers to the 'right side' it means the right side rows--the outside of the sweater is the 'right side' the inside of the sweater is the 'wrong side.'

So you will be decreasing on both edges when you're working a 'right side row.'

Clear enough?

Lisa_H-Town
03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
AHHH --- EACH end -- First and last - duh ... I saw END and just assumed ending stitches, not thinking that I start at an ending as well.... Edges is a much more appropriate word! Thank you!

I can tell I will have more questions when I hit the front side... but won't put my cart before the horse!

:hug: