PDA

View Full Version : Snohomish, Washington

desiraeb
03-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I've just started knitting and am finishing up my 1st project, a skarf.

Anyone else from around here?

Tara D
03-28-2007, 01:12 AM
An Everett knitter here. I started knitting (with a scarf too) about a year and a half ago. Do you have something in mind for your next knitting project?

Tara

desiraeb
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm knitting this
http://community.livejournal.com/punk_knitters/110889.html

in a round currently and am on the waistband right now. It's coming out quite nicely too :)

What about you, what have you knit?

Tara D
03-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Those look handy...and in the round. It took me a year to try that.

Right now I'm finishing a pair of socks for my Dad. And I need to finish up DH's sweater. It needs a zipper, and I've been avoiding it. Funny thing is I've put zippers in sweaters before.

Tara

desiraeb
03-28-2007, 05:19 PM
I would LOVE to make socks. It going to one of my next projects after wrist warmers..

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60159A.html

I love these, but I need to learn cableing first.

I'm glad to have found someone locally that knits!

Tara D
03-29-2007, 01:42 AM
I love the cabling on those wrist warmers. And cabling isn't that hard with an extra needle. My fourth project was a cabled sweater for DS1.

I did my first socks with Silver's tutorial - http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm. She has pictures for each stitch which really helped me.

It's good to know a fellow knitter in the area. It seems most WA knitters live around Seattle or Stanwood. Have you been to the Main Street Yarns in Mill Creek? They are having a 20% off everything sale on April 6 (anniversary sale). I'd like to take some knitting classes there, but it's kinda hard right now with a 2 month old.

oceansgrl
05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
:happydance: Hi all!!! Glad to see other knitters from WA. I met a wonderful lady at Michaels who told me about this website and thats how I learned to knit. Hopefully I will run across her to say thank you.
My first project was a baby blanket. Now I want to do the double sided heart hot pad but having problems. :heart:

oceansgrl
05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
:happydance: Hi all!!! Glad to see other knitters from WA. I met a wonderful lady at Michaels who told me about this website and thats how I learned to knit. Hopefully I will run across her to say thank you.
My first project was a baby blanket. Now I want to do the double sided heart hot pad but having problems. :heart:

Tara D
05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Hello oceansgrl. :muah: Always good to see another knitter from around here. I wish you luck on the potholder. It looks like an intriguing project. What problems are you having? (I've never done that technique, but maybe I could help.)

oceansgrl
05-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Well I have never done double knitting and I have watched Amy's video over and over again and she says to take both colors to the back when knitting and to the front when purling and no matter what I do it doesn't come out right and I end up with the wrong color on the wrong side. If you know what to do please let me know. I left a post in the help section also hoping someone answers. :??

Tara D
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't have any real good suggestions to help you out. :shrug: From what I see, you are basically knitting two separate potholders with the color changes tying them together.

I'd suggest going to a local yarn shop and asking for help. Maybe by someone watching you, they can give you a few pointers. Mukilteo is suppose to have a really friendly shop. Or are you in the Lakewood farther south?

Sorry I don't have better answers. Hopefully someone will pop in with an answer on the help forum.

aly70
05-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm in Shoreline (just north of Seattle). I'm mostly doing felted wool projects and scarves currently, although i just completed my first little flower that I'm going to felt later, yay!

kimtq
12-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Hi I am finally learning how to knit and lovin it.

Raeknitsnwa
12-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I am not in Snohomish but I am in Kent but I figured I would say hi anyways since I am in Washington right now I am not knitting anything I just finished a scarf I want to attempt a baby blanket but I want to learn how to increase and decrease first keep your fingers crossed for me lol Happy Holidays

peaches
12-31-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm a knitter from seattle. I recently learned how to knit and love it. I have knitted a few simple projects like scarfs and cowls, but what I have had a lot of fun with lately is just knitting swatches and learning new techniques like increases, decreases, cables and such. I have so many projects I plan on starting soon, but I need to get the right size needles, or the right yarn. If you have a free moment check out my blog to see what I am up to. The next projects I plan on doing are knitted bangles, scarves, leg warmers, hot water bottle cozy and twinkles shopping tunic. This should keep me busy for a while, problem is I keep finding new things I want to knit that I am not really progressing in any of these projects.

lilbj
02-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi Oceansgrl! Go to knit freedom.com/knitting-videos, you'll find quite a few videos including double knitting! I had the same problem with double knitting until I watched this video.
BTW...I live in Lake Stevens.