PDA

View Full Version : Hobby Lobby Sale!

stacyk9
03-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I am so excited and confused at the same time! Hobby Lobby has all of their needles at 40% off this week, which includes the Boye NeedleMaster. I REALLY want that set, but being a newbie at knitting, I don't know if I can justify the cost! Granted, with 40% off, it would knock the price down to around $42.00. My rationale to myself is the fact that my next two projects need circulars or would work better on circulars: a hat and a baby blanket. I NEED AN ENABLER TO STEP UP AND TELL ME TO GET IT!!!!! I can barely stand it, knowing that I'm stuck here at work and by the time I get there, they'll probably all be gone!!!

Stacy

Abbily
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
You won't *always* be a newbie knitter, right? And when are you going to get another chance like this?! (doing my best to enable!) :)

Carey

marykz
03-12-2007, 12:20 PM
LOL- I told myself that to buy each circular separately in each size and length would cost me a lot more. so it is VALUE! ;) mkz

brendajos
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
The price is great, though you COULD probably find them cheaper still on ebay there is no instant gratification in that! ;) Keep in mind, though, that if you are going to do a baby hat on Boye circs you will either need to do them as magic loop or 2 circs because their shortest length is 20 inches from tip to tip. I, personally, don't think that boye lends themselves well to magic loop but i know people have done it. and if you are going to do 2 circs you will need an extra set of tips (which would still be on sale if your HL carries the tips! :cheering: )

I think they are a great investment but they, like all other sets, do have their limitations.

I must stay away from HL this week because i can not resist DPNs (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/DPNcase.jpg)on sale! :wall:

candicane
03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I know the Options Interchangeables are more expensive than the Boye's, but I would save up the extra $ and get KP Options instead. I have both and rarely use the Boye's now.

candice

suzeeq
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
You won't *always* be a newbie knitter, right? And when are you going to get another chance like this?! (doing my best to enable!) :)

Carey

Next chance to do this...? Next time they have 50% off all needles! (or maybe they're not going to discount them so much anymore and 40% off will be the standard sale price).

I've got one cable and set of tips, will go get another this week, I think. Don't need the whole set because I don't use needles smaller than size 8s and have two of almost everything bigger than that already.

sue

suzeeq
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
The price is great, though you COULD probably find them cheaper still on ebay there is no instant gratification in that! ;) Keep in mind, though, that if you are going to do a baby hat on Boye circs you will either need to do them as magic loop or 2 circs because their shortest length is 20 inches from tip to tip. I, personally, don't think that boye lends themselves well to magic loop but i know people have done it. and if you are going to do 2 circs you will need an extra set of tips (which would still be on sale if your HL carries the tips! :cheering: )

I think they are a great investment but they, like all other sets, do have their limitations.

I must stay away from HL this week because i can not resist DPNs (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/Knitted%20Stuff/DPNcase.jpg)on sale! :wall:

You wouldn't need extra tips to do the 2 circ method - just put the correct size on the end of 2 cables and the next size smaller on the other end and make sure you use the correct size on the right hand needle.

sue

brendajos
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah that's probably true but i would never remember to have those on the correct end... way too much work and relatively cheap to get the extra points.

Ellieblue
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I
m with Candice on this one. I bought my boyle set a long time ago and they were fine until I discovered options. Now the Boyle's just don't cut it, and some of the screw ends on my Boyles are broken. Pick up the options a set at a time as you need them. You won't be disapointed. :star: ellie